X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Originally posted by melmac View Post
    About the booing of Joe Mauer... I, myself, don't condone it, but my guess would be the fans are tired of him underproducing, not playing, and being paid a crap ton of money for it.

That said, I still hope they can take the next two games from the Tigers.
    But it probably won't happen.
    Mauer has given his blood and sweat for the Twins. We'll gladly take him. Class act, a real gamer. I don't see where people are maligning him for being injured. Same with Morneau.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Inge with a walk-off bomb, of all people.

3-2 final. Magic number is 9, regardless of the CWS-CLE result.
      Unbelievable- three walkoffs in the last eight home games. I hope they have more in the tank for the playoffs.

Comment

10 1/2 game lead. Magic number at 7, three with CWS up next.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

10 1/2 game lead. Magic number at 7, three with CWS up next.
          Only 4.5 games behind NYY for top spot in AL. (Yanks have 1 game in hand.) 1.5 game lead over Texas for #2 spot in playoffs. (Boston is 1 full game ahead of Tigers in standings, too.) Of course, we all know that the Central is a handicapped division, so it is not a balanced comparison here. Tampa is closing on Boston (3.5 GB) for wildcard. Angels look to be done unless they can catch Texas (2.5 GB). Texas only has 15 games left, where most of the teams have 16- with TB having 17 left.

Tigers can finish 92-70 if they went 8-8 the rest of the schedule. Last road trip with @CWS and then 4 @ Oakland. Verlander has 3 starts left: @ Chicago, @ Oakland and home against Baltimore. We'll see Fister and Sherzer 3 more times and Penny 3 more times. Porcello is probably going to get 4 starts including tonight.

In the NL, Philly is the cream of MLB at 94-49. Milwaukee, AZ and Atl appear to be the other playoff teams unless StL. makes a miracle run to catch Milwaukee or Atlanta.

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
            Peralta & Raburn!

3-1 Top 2nd

Comment

Do I hear 10 straight????

12-2 Tiggers in the Top of the 6th......

Wait, Santiago again with a double, 14-2 now!
              The domination of the Central continues. This is nuts.

Comment

Comment

I don't see how Ozzie survives this with his job intact.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good God, that pitch was never less than a foot off the ground. I know it's 14-2 but I don't see how that ump can rule that ball hit the ground when it never got as low as the batter's shins. Angel Hernandez doesn't butcher calls that bad.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't see how Ozzie survives this with his job intact.
                      I don't think he cares. If Williams fires him, Jeffrey Loria will be on Line 2 with the Marlins job.
                      Originally posted by Jon
                      You call everything.

Comment

Magic # at 6- 11.5 game lead over both the Indians and Sox.

Any reaction to Jackson getting thrown at? (Come on, hard to sell that the ball "slipped". Caught him square in the back.)

JV goes for 23 tonight. Sox have had some good luck against him, so this one isn't automatic. BUT, I think emotions are simmering in both dugouts. Could be an interesting last two games.

Comment

Seven shutout innings from Verlander. Win number 23. 11 wins in a row. Whatevs.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Magic # down to 3 since Cleveland lost also, 12.5 ahead with the Indians and Chicago tied for 2nd. Penny goes today and Cleveland is still in Texas. Could be looking at clinching in Oakland. 86-62 has already lapped last year by 5 wins. Still 2 games up on Texas for 2nd playoff spot in AL, and 1/2 game behind Boston for 2nd best record in AL, 4.5 GB NY.

Comment

Lots of people getting the day off today

Penny on the mound
                              Dirks
                              Santiago
                              Young
                              Cabby
                              V-Mart
                              Guillen
                              Betemit
                              Kelly
                              Santos

Comment

Avila ties the game at 5 in the top of the 9th with a 2-run PH homer. If Ozzie wasn't already coaching the Marlins in his head, it would have exploded by now.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X