This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

The Tribe is down 10-1 and that idiot is beating his drum.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

10-1 final.

8 1/2 games in front of Cleveland.

Kansas City and Minnesota have officially been eliminated. The Tigers have 80 wins, and the most KC and the Twins can come home with is 79.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        The Tribe is down 10-1 and that idiot is beating his drum.
        But is that girl dancing?

And I don't care what anybody says; even watching firsthand how putrid the Twins are right now, I'm glad to have them officially out of the race.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Tribe getting to JV for a couple homers so far...Mud Hens lineup in the field today.

Comment

V-mart!!!!

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
              MARTINEZ! Grand Slam!

V-Mart hits a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the 7th. 7-4 Tigers. It puts Verlander in line for the win as well, if they hang on, which is good because JV was at 110+ pitches through 6.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

8-6 final. 22 wins for Justin Verlander. I'll let somebody else post the sweep video.

Comment

Well, last week I said that as of today we would know where we stand. After going a perfect 6-0 against our two closest division rivals, it is clear that, short of major injuries, a minor miracle in Cleveland or Chicago and a catastrophic collapse, the division is ours.
                  10 games left at home and a final 9 game road trip after this weekend's series against the Twins. 9 game lead with 19 to go. 92 wins would be a terrific season, even with a watered down division.

I am still concerned about the amount of runs our pitching is giving up and having to rally to win games, but wins are wins. It can't
                  happen in the playoffs. I don't know if I would prefer them starting on the road in NY or taking over the 2nd playoff division position and
                  hosting the Red Sox. I don't see Texas or the Angels overtaking the Sox for the wildcard. We'll see.

Comment

I don't care that Verlander only plays one out of five days. He's involved in more plays on that day than any position player is in five. And most of those plays go his way.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      I don't care that Verlander only plays one out of five days. He's involved in more plays on that day than any position player is in five. And most of those plays go his way.
                      A couple of weeks ago, I heard someone make the point that Verlander has faced something like 783 batters, and if you added up Granderson's AB's and fielding plays, it came up to 794 or so.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Thinking of going to the Twins at Tigers game on 9-11. Does anybody have what the pitching matchups should be for that day??
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                          Thinking of going to the Twins at Tigers game on 9-11. Does anybody have what the pitching matchups should be for that day??
                          Diamond and Fister are the probables.

Comment

Nice comeback win on Friday. Penny certainly isn't going to around next year, right?
                            90 wins a good possibility now. 18 to go, 9.5 games up. Go 18-0 and win 100 games

Oh, and heard that Twins fans are booing Joe Mauer? Don't understand that.

Comment

About the booing of Joe Mauer... I, myself, don't condone it, but my guess would be the fans are tired of him underproducing, not playing, and being paid a crap ton of money for it.

That said, I still hope they can take the next two games from the Tigers.
                              But it probably won't happen.
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Inge with a walk-off bomb, of all people.

3-2 final. Magic number is 9, regardless of the CWS-CLE result.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X