• Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

O.o

Just tuned in.

Comment

So much for that.

Gordon leads off the 7th with a shot to the wall in left-center. Bye-bye perfecto.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

And there goes the shutout.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jacob Turner will make a spot start on Thursday against the Royals. Verlander is being pushed back a day to Friday. Not a bad decision, IMO.

Headed to bottom of the 9th.

Nice to see Michael Imperioli gravy off of a TV show that went off the air 3-4 years ago.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That was not one of Betemit's better at bats. Still better than Inge, but that's like saying something stinks less than a 3-day old dead possum.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              That was not one of Betemit's better at bats. Still better than Inge, but that's like saying something stinks less than a 3-day old dead possum.
              He sees that Leyland lets Inge play 60+% of the time at 3rd hitting .180 so he figures if he starts doing the same maybe he'll get to play some too.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                SANTIAGO!!!

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

2-1 in 10.

God, that was fun...

Comment

LOL. Ramon.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

I remember one night a couple years ago where he had a walk-off walk and he stood there at home plate jumping up and down with his bat over his head. Someone had to tell him "hey, fuzznuts, you gotta go to 1st base".

EDIT: After watching the replay, I hope he remembered to step on home plate.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Follow up Santiago's heroics with a three run 8th inning rally to hold off KC, 5-4 on wednesday afternoon. Tigers now ar ein the EXACT same spot as in 2009: 26 games to go, 5.5 and 6 game lead over their chief competitors. The make up game is today with Jacob Turner going. Then, the 3 games against the Sox followed by three at Cleveland. We should know where we stand come next Thursday. The good news, though, in case we stumble is, the Sox and Indians have to play each other multiple times as well. 14 home games left. 12 on the road. Go 13-13 and finish at 88-74. That should be good enough to win the Central. BUT, the Tigers could also jump over Texas if they make a run, too, and finish with the 2nd best divisional record. Worth noting.

Interesting comments by Curt Schilling on ESPN baseball (NYY/Sox) last night. When setting up the series with the White Sox, (Sunday night on ESPN, BTW) it was noted that Detroit is streaky offensively, average defensively, and only has two consistent starters. "No chance" to advance in the playoffs if they win the division. On Chicago: "underperformed" all season, but still dangerous. Ozzie's job is on the line.

Comment

If you can, you want the Yankees. The Tigers only have two starters. As far as I can tell, the Yankees have one.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          If you can, you want the Yankees. The Tigers only have two starters. As far as I can tell, the Yankees have one.
                          Well I know who one of the "two" starters is....but I wonder who is considered to be the second.
                          Based on recent performance who is the second pitcher considered to be worthy of mention ?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                            Well I know who one of the "two" starters is....but I wonder who is considered to be the second.
                            Based on recent performance who is the second pitcher considered to be worthy of mention ?
                            Fister.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

Interesting comments by Curt Schilling on ESPN baseball (NYY/Sox) last night. When setting up the series with the White Sox, (Sunday night on ESPN, BTW) it was noted that Detroit is streaky offensively, average defensively, and only has two consistent starters. "No chance" to advance in the playoffs if they win the division. On Chicago: "underperformed" all season, but still dangerous. Ozzie's job is on the line.
                              Streaky offensively and inconsistent starters = No chance. Okay. So what if the offense and pitching is streaky good that week, Curt?

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Streaky offensively and inconsistent starters = No chance. Okay. So what if the offense and pitching is streaky good that week, Curt?
                                Depends. Is there a bloody sock?

Comment

Working...
                                X