This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

I'd rather Below hit the guy between the eyes with a fastball. This was a simple ground ball and Inge *ed it up, plain and simple.

We had a golden opportunity to go 7 games up on the whole division, but a lack of bats in general and a lack of common sense in particular threw it down the drain. Pun intended.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

From Wojo's Twitter, regarding Inge's comments:

"That's the right play. The only play you have." That's what Inge just said. Even if he believes first sentence, he can't believe the second

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

*NOTE: It is completely appropriate to imagine Donald Duck throwing one of his patented fits here. That would describe my reaction to this gem perfectly.*

Yes. A sharp ground ball to 3rd base with 2 out. The batter is a whopping 3 feet from home plate when the ball hits your mitt, and probably still has the bat in his hand. You must throw the ball to 2nd base. No chance to get the runner that is approximately 85 feet from reaching first base. Nope, none whatsoever. Even though every T-baller is taught that exact concept. Take the out at 1st with 2 out. Inge must have been eating grass in right field that day.

I have found Inge's problem. He is a stupid human being. That is the only way logical explanation. How he is able to find his way to 3rd base without crapping in his Underroos is a minor miracle. How he is still in the major leagues is absolutely stupefying. The man is an idiot.
        Last edited by Hammer; 08-24-2011, 10:23 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We're getting beat tomorrow. You all realize that, right?

God, that was fun...

Comment

But everyone loves Brandon!

BTW, you guys are funny. More mad at dumb plays when we are 6 up vs. 6 down. At least its entertaining for band wagon fans like myself.

Comment

Lineup for this afternoon looking a little rough...Avila, Cabrera, and Boesch all out today.

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

Thanks for the help in the 9th there, Madden.

2-0. 3 of 4 in Tampa.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  But everyone loves Brandon!

BTW, you guys are funny. More mad at dumb plays when we are 6 up vs. 6 down. At least its entertaining for band wagon fans like myself.
                  I'm not funny. Bi-polar is more like it when it comes to this team.

And I suppose we're probably close to even after this afternoon's episode of Adventures in Baserunning by the Rays.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Boesch's thumb appears to be much worse than expected.

God, that was fun...

Comment

The Boesch thing could be bad. He, Guillen, Martinez all wonky going into the playoffs. Why couldn't it be Inge instead?

Take 2 of 3 in Minnesota and come back up 7 games at least with 29 to go. Let's see if the Sox or the Indians have a 24-5 run in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Boesch's thumb appears to be much worse than expected.
                        Out again today - The thumb and a bicep strain from compensating.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          The Boesch thing could be bad. He, Guillen, Martinez all wonky going into the playoffs. Why couldn't it be Inge instead?

Take 2 of 3 in Minnesota and come back up 7 games at least with 29 to go. Let's see if the Sox or the Indians have a 24-5 run in them.
                          I won't feel good about this thing until the Twins are officially eliminated.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                            I won't feel good about this thing until the Twins are officially eliminated.
                            Or the Tribe. I can just see Thome belting the walk-off homer in game 163 now...

Comment

Good news. If the Tigers go 16-16 down the stretch, the Twins have to go 32-0 to force a game 163.

/twitch.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So...........we're going up against a guy who's 4-14 with a 5.56 ERA.......in AAA.

He's going to throw 7 1/3 of 2-hit ball. You watch.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X