X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Coke's dealing some filth tonight.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

2-1 final.

6 over the Tribe now, as they split a DH today.

Lead over CWS pending, as they're in Anaheim.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What happened in the top half of the ninth? My cable went out just after the past ball. Tigers had guys on the corners and Santiago up. The guy on third was half way home. Then the TV went out, when it came back the score was still 2-1 and bases loaded?!?!
        No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
          What happened in the top half of the ninth? My cable went out just after the past ball. Tigers had guys on the corners and Santiago up. The guy on third was half way home. Then the TV went out, when it came back the score was still 2-1 and bases loaded?!?!
          The ball hit Santiago's foot. Kinda. Was hard to tell on the replay but that was the call.

Comment

Sox lose. Tigers have a 6 game lead on Cleveland. It's maybe too early for a countdown but the magic number is down to 30.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Sox lose. Tigers have a 6 game lead on Cleveland. It's maybe too early for a countdown but the magic number is down to 30.
              6 game lead with 34 to go. Way to early for the countdown- but a 4-3 trip is more than in sight, possibly 5-2. Last tough playoff team on the schedule, too. Get down under 20 games with this lead and I'll pay attention. BUT, look at who is left: TB (2) Minn (6) Cleveland (6) KC (5) CWS (6) Balt (4) Oak (4) w/ 1 makeup left. If the Tigers blow it this season with this schedule left, then signing Leather Lungs for another year would have been a major mistake.

Comment

That has to be one of the most unexpected wins this season.

Penny with half the bullpen available vs. David Price?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  That has to be one of the most unexpected wins this season.

Penny with half the bullpen available vs. David Price?
                  Yes, big surprise win- but it is apparent that the Rays offense is struggling, too. I expect to win with Sherzer tonight, though... and have him get rocked. BUT, keep in mind, we're 5-0 against them this season so far.

Comment

Tribe pounded again today. We can knock Cleveland 7 back, and Chicago 7 1/2 back with a win tonight and some help from Anaheim.

No Cabrera tonight. Paternity leave. He will be back on Friday.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Umm..okay. Since he's standing in the batter's box, I guess Cabrera is in tonight's lineup. He's leaving after the game.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Stop walking batters that are hitting .182.

Edit: Brandon Inge is a ****up. Throw the ball to first like a normal ****ing infielder with two outs.
                        Last edited by bronconick; 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Inge, you ignorant ****ing dickwagon. With 2 out you throw the ball to 1st. The only thing you know how to do on the field and you can't even do that right.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah... why take the routine out at 1st when you can play beat the clock at 2nd?
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Walk off fielder's choice. I'm sure it's happened before, but this is the first time I've heard that term. Sounds even worse to lose that way than a walk-off balk. At least the balk is something random, a fielder's choice literally means you could've gotten the out but didn't.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Let's see.

Longoria beat his throw for an infield single
                                Bobbled the double play ball
                                Got cute with the bases loaded and 2 outs, thinking he could beat the runner who wasn't being held on and is off with the pitch because he's pointless instead of the guy who is 3 feet out of the batter's box.

Great night.

Comment

Working...
                                X