X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

20 in August!

Though not the greatest outing ever. Dang but the Twins liked fouling pitches off.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Not to look too far ahead, but the Tigers (73-59) are only 1 game behind the Rangers (75-59) right now in the race for the second seed in the AL and home field in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not hearing much about this race, but Verlander pitching at home in games 1 and 5 would give the Tigers a much better shot at winning the ALDS. If the Tigers and Rangers end up tied, the Tigers win the tiebreaker.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        20 in August!

Though not the greatest outing ever. Dang but the Twins liked fouling pitches off.
        Eh, Verlander is bound to have the occasional game where he's just merely human. I think it would help his confidence more to have a bad game like that for him to get to the 20 win mark than to pitch another gem where most of the time the infield guys are just siting around scratching themselves and watching to see how long a No-No goes.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Maybe Inge should have taken a check-swing 3rd strike. Thank God we had it tied before he came up.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oy. Remember this time last year when we thought resigning Maggs for another year was critical for the team this year?
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Oy. Remember this time last year when we thought resigning Maggs for another year was critical for the team this year?
              Oh yes. Let's hope that DD doesn't go all Inge on us in resigning him.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Keep in mind, Magglio was hitting about .312 when his leg went snap last summer. And once he went down, the rest of the AL stopped pitching to Cabrera. Boesch had gone cold as ice, and no one expected this out of either Peralta or Avila. For about the 1,000th time, we were not in a position to let bats walk out the door, especially those that had been productive as recently as last July.

As for Inge, he's signed through 2012, and I suspect that will be the end of his career.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm not saying they shouldn't have signed him. I was in favor of it too. Just that he doesn't even resemble that player anymore.

The playoffs commercial they're showing of his '06 home run is pretty awesome though. Still gives me chills.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Oh, he's done. We were just in a position where we couldn't risk him not being done. We are certainly NOT in that position with Inge, or Guillen, for that matter, going into this off-season.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hit into 4 double plays, and Penny's on the mound. Bad combination.

Wow. No more trading for relief pitchers. Pauley sucks as much as Purcey did.
                      Last edited by bronconick; 08-28-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

5-0 Royals, mid 3. I don't even feel like watching this right now, anyway.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Giovatella (sp?) is going to take Thome's role in the division as a Tiger killer when the latter retires.

Hitting .244 for the season, but 7-13 vs. the Tigers.

Comment

That was not a strike. That wouldn't have been a strike if a midget was in the batter's box.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hi.

We're through 6 already. Both pitchers have faced the minimum.

Hi there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

o.O

Comment

Working...
                                X