This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Tigers magic number is down to 161! At this rate we'll clinch by July.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Terry Foster needs to go back to writing stories about how he's trying to stop being a fatass

For the record, I have no problem with Leyland's move bringing in Valverde. If we don't hit into about 37 double plays this isn't even an issue. I suspect that problem will take care of itself shortly as well.
      I have no problem with it, either- unless your big money closer coughs away a 2 run lead and blows a win for your ace. Lester and Beckett are no slouches either, so I suspect that being in that position to close the game out shouldn't fall on the offense. Do the job and this is a non topic.

As for Foster, he and his radio partner are unlistenable. Probably just on opposite ends of the opinion to stir interest as usual.

Comment

This early in the year, bringing in Valverde was the right move.

If you want outside verification, Philly pulled Halladay after 92 pitches and a 1-0 lead the very same day. You don't need your ace throwing 125 pitches opening day in 40 degree weather when he's thrown maybe 200 pitches in spring training.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Two homers for Cabrera and Fielder, and one from Avila off Josh Beckett. I think it's going to be a fun year.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Just tuned into today's game. Fister out after only 3.2 innings...anyone know why?
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
              Just tuned into today's game. Fister out after only 3.2 innings...anyone know why?
              Strain in his side.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriors View Post
                Strain in his side.
                How bad? Like DL bad?

Thanks for the answer.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

How bad? Like DL bad?

Thanks for the answer.
                  To be evaluated later, per Jason Beck.

Comment

funny pictures
                    moar funny pictures

10-0 final.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers 10 : 0 BoSox - Below gets the W.

Comment

Fister to the DL.

The first bump in the road.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Fister to the DL.

The Detroit Tigers Cannot Have Nice Things.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

On the bright side, the magic number is down to 160!
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Cabrera made a couple of nice plays at third and some good throws too. Impressive.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Fister to the DL.

He threw a fastball across his body that got away from him. Saw him wince and hold his side after. This could be a long one, unfortunately.

On that note, Has our pitching been that good, or is Boston's offense that anemic?

And wow, a lineup comparison by Fox (Buck) to the old Yankees lineups. Yes, indeed this may be fun, but let's not get ahead of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X