X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer
    replied
    Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

All right. I've read his comments. While his comments were NOT GOOD AT ALL, they were not nearly as bad as I thought they would be, for being liquored up at 2:30 AM and starting a brawl in a Manhattan hotel. I was expecting far worse. No, I'm not providing a link.

I'd sit his *** for two weeks without pay, minimum, and then try to move him. We might only get a box of used baseballs, but we're not getting anything for him at the end of this year anyway. And if you want to go longer than two weeks, I'm not going to argue too much.
    Last edited by Hammer; 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

When Avila came to the plate in the 7th with the bases loaded and two out, with a 6-4 lead, I told someone that if we did not score here, we would lose. Avila promptly grounded out to 2nd.

Verlander's Johnny Bigdick act, grooving a fastball to Martin that ended up in the RF seats, did not help matters any, either. You can do that at Comerica, as well as most other ballparks, for that matter. In Yankee Stadium, where balls fly out like they're shot out of cannons? Uh-uh.

Brayan Villareal is not a major league pitcher. He and Schlereth belong in Toledo until further notice.

We deserved to lose tonight.

I'll address Delmon's issues when I read more on him.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    absolutely not
    Just making sure. I don't think he deserves any real time, unless actual physical assault took place. Probably just a "What a dingus." situation.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Are you actually defending him? Really?
    absolutely not

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    so since I'm italian, does this mean that when certain posters call me a wop, that's hate speech and they can be arrested?
    Are you actually defending him? Really?

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    so since I'm italian, does this mean that when certain posters call me a wop, that's hate speech and they can be arrested?
    You betcha ya wop!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Not terribly smart to be yelling anti-semitic epithets anywhere, let alone New York City.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Not terribly smart to be yelling anti-semitic epithets anywhere, let alone New York City.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Delmon Young arrested, faces hate crime charge in New York

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriors View Post
    I'm posting from my phone, so I can't post the link, but Delmon Young was arrested for assault this morning outside the hotel in NYC.
    Finally something that makes the trade of Delmon look good. Delmon and Cabrera would be one hell of a drinking team.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriors
    replied

I'm posting from my phone, so I can't post the link, but Delmon Young was arrested for assault this morning outside the hotel in NYC.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Mmmm-hmmmm. That's a fair assessment.

All right. Regarding this little debacle with Seattle, because that's exactly what this was, short of using words that get censored on this site. It starts and ends with starting pitching, mainly our pitiful attempts at such a concept. Scherzer was at 100 pitches at 4 2/3 innings on Tuesday, forcing Jimmy's hand after 5 innings and 103. Wilk was horrific last night, knocking our team out the game before we barely got the defense into the dugout. We had to go get him in the 3rd. Porcello buried us in a 3-0 hole 4 batters into this afternoon's affair.

In all three games, we were in a 3 or 4 run hole before the 3rd inning. Now, our offense is definitely not performing anywhere close to where we thought it would, and our defense was below average at best this series, but this is nobody's idea of good starting pitching. We were done before we really started, and it was all self-inflicted. That's the main reason we got swept. And if we do it again this weekend, we're getting swept again in New York.
    Sums it up really well. We have one starter in the rotation giving us a chance each outing. Pop Warner and the overaged kids from those Carribean islands could hit our other four starters right now.

It's going to be ugly in NYC after tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Hallelujah! *Snoopy Dance*

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Breaking news, per Dan Dickerson:

The Detroit Tigers have just relased Brandon Inge.
    Hallelujah! *Snoopy Dance*

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    and... they get swept. Pathetic.
    Mmmm-hmmmm. That's a fair assessment.

All right. Regarding this little debacle with Seattle, because that's exactly what this was, short of using words that get censored on this site. It starts and ends with starting pitching, mainly our pitiful attempts at such a concept. Scherzer was at 100 pitches at 4 2/3 innings on Tuesday, forcing Jimmy's hand after 5 innings and 103. Wilk was horrific last night, knocking our team out the game before we barely got the defense into the dugout. We had to go get him in the 3rd. Porcello buried us in a 3-0 hole 4 batters into this afternoon's affair.

In all three games, we were in a 3 or 4 run hole before the 3rd inning. Now, our offense is definitely not performing anywhere close to where we thought it would, and our defense was below average at best this series, but this is nobody's idea of good starting pitching. We were done before we really started, and it was all self-inflicted. That's the main reason we got swept. And if we do it again this weekend, we're getting swept again in New York.
    Last edited by Hammer; 04-26-2012, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X