• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

..da ****

Comment

Juan Gonzalez just threw his laptop across the room.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Juan Gonzalez just threw his laptop across the room.
        I heard it fell just short of the wall. He should really move that in closer.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This is Dombrowski giving a giant middle finger to the Baseball Gods for hurting V-Mart.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

9 years! Is Miggy going to third, or DHing?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              9 years! Is Miggy going to third, or DHing?
              I'm reading third, but I'm sure Inge will have something to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriors View Post
                I don't think Inge has any torque at all. But JP Morosi at Fox Sports writes that Miggy and Prince will likely share first/DH duties. It might depend on if we get the Cuban outfielder onboard (Young at DH/Miggy at third?) It will certainly be interesting to see what shakes out.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriors View Post
                  Inge might have something to say....but who's going to listen ?

It's reported that Miggy said "I'll slide over for Fielder".

Comment

Oh, I know Inge has no say in the matter. He'll just try to whine to anyone who'll listen to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      It's reported that Miggy said "I'll slide over for Fielder".
                      ... because he's too drunk to walk?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

We've got half a billion tied into guys that are or probably should be DH's.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*THUD*

*Wakes up...shakes head....rubs eyes*

Okay. The expectations just went up a few notches.

This is nothing short of one Michael Ilitch seeing that he is 82 years old now and wants a ring or two before he goes for a ride in the back of a Cadillac. He's pushed all his chips into the middle of the table. As I see it, we've got a three year window - MAX - in which to get the first one.

This is also a colossal gamble, on a couple fronts. First, can Miguel Cabrera play third base like his hands aren't sewn on backwards, or welded to a pair of skillets? Secondly, and more importantly, can Prince Fielder stay healthy? I said a few times on the Brewers threads that signing Fielder to a long-term deal was likely too big of a risk, and that given his gene pool and size, that a breakdown was likely sometime in his early-to-mid 30's. I still stand behind that statement. However, if we get a championship (or preferably more), it's worth it. Expensive, but worth it.

All of a sudden not having a 2nd baseman isn't such a big deal. How about this for a lineup:

Jackson CF
                          Boesch RF
                          Young LF
                          Cabrera 3B
                          Fielder 1B
                          Peralta SS
                          Avila C
                          Raburn DH
                          Santiago 2B

Along with a rotation of:

Verlander
                          Fister
                          Scherzer
                          Porcello
                          Turner/Below/Smyly

With Dotel/Benoit/Valverde to close the show.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'd swap Santiago with Jackson. AJ had 181 K's last year. Too many for a lead off guy. His (Walk+Hit : K) ratio was 1.1 while Santiago's was 2.2.
                            No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Fine, but Santiago generally starts to poop himself at about 250 ABs or so and sometimes thinks he's David Ortiz at the plate. Besides, Legendary Lloyd thinks he's going to be able to help Jackson this year. As opposed to what the hell he's been doing the better part of the last two seasons.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

This looks amazing on paper.

A shame the game is played on grass and dirt instead.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X