X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Avila is hurt, as is Martinez and Young. That is part of the reason I wanted Jimmy to start sitting Avila after it was apparent we had this thing wrapped. He took one helluva beating this year, and he caught about 20-21 games in a row, when that really was unnecessary. Stomping on Cano's foot at 1B in New York didn't help matters any, either.
    Avila may be a little banged up, but he looks fine behind the plate, and even if one of his legs was amputated, he should still be hitting more than he has. His problem is the giant hole in his bat and the two hands firmly around his throat. He even managed to make an out from the on-deck circle tonight when Cabrera got gunned down at home. If Martinez and Young aren't 100%, then that's all the more reason for them to stop making 375 foot outs by swinging for the fences, especially on a night where the ball clearly isn't carrying.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This ain't hockey, but the Pens did come back down 3-1 to the Wings in 2008. About the only positive I can draw on longterm. Other than Verlander, Sherzer and Fister being lights out, this season is toast now. That was our only hope going into game 4 and it worked for 5+ innings.

Comment

1-1 in the 4th.

Question: Why does Leyland say before the game that Benoit and Valverde are out? There's no bonus to making the Rangers think they may be options for the 9th inning instead of Coke or Perry?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• *****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
          YOUNG!

2-1
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Still trying to play home run derby. They're not going to hit enough solo homers to win three straight games.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This is going to be a slow death this afternoon. No bullpen to speak of available, and Verlander's pushing 90 pitches in the 4th inning.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Not that slow it seems.

Sheesh...

Didnt think he would get out pf it...slow dearh it is.
                Last edited by Bronco; 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM.
                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Still alive by what, 18 inches?

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Still alive by what, 18 inches?
                    Appears so.
                    You would think that the tigers bats would wake up. It cant be that different of a Rangers team than was faced earlier this season.
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                      Appears so.
                      You would think that the tigers bats would wake up. It cant be that different of a Rangers team than was faced earlier this season.
                      Bats aren't there anymore. This team's injury report is going to look like a team just knocked out of the Stanley Cup playoffs, not the MLB playoffs.

Comment

That's why you need to catch those earlier fly balls, Austin. Granderson would have.

Comment

Big escape. Now score some **** runs.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Alive by a thread. Again.

Of course, now Brad Penny is warming up in the bullpen, so death is not far off.

Comment

Consecutive hits! Thank you 3rd base!

Comment

Victor with a triple?!?!?!
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X