This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Congrats to you guys. I don't have a horse in the race, but good work.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Delmon didn't look very comfortable standing there in the locker room.

Comment

He's likely pretty hurt if a came out of a playoff game.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
          He's likely pretty hurt if a came out of a playoff game.
          Hopefully not. In that situation, I would have wanted him coming out if he was anything less than 100%. Not the situation to try and play through it and hope a ball doesn't come your way, or lob in a big throw. Especially since, sad as it is, Raburn is actually an improvement on defense over Delmon.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Hopefully not. In that situation, I would have wanted him coming out if he was anything less than 100%. Not the situation to try and play through it and hope a ball doesn't come your way, or lob in a big throw. Especially since, sad as it is, Raburn is actually an improvement on defense over Delmon.
            Absolutely agree about the hurt part, but Young is better then Rayburn. I hope he is OK, since the Rangers are a better team than the Yankees.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Terrific win for Detroit. I'll take crying Leyland over crying and praying Yank fans. Oh, and who wouldn't mind slapping the TBS announcers for gushing all over the Yanks? It almost sounded like they were hoping for a dramatic miracle finish. Screw them and screw A-rod- we beat the best team in the A.L. regular season and not ONE eastern division team is left standing.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  Terrific win for Detroit. I'll take crying Leyland over crying and praying Yank fans. Oh, and who wouldn't mind slapping the TBS announcers for gushing all over the Yanks? It almost sounded like they were hoping for a dramatic miracle finish. Screw them and screw A-rod- we beat the best team in the A.L. regular season and not ONE eastern division team is left standing.
                  I'm still trying to figure out why brining in Chocolate Cake for his first ever relif appearence was a "great" idea, but when Leyland brought in Scherzer they questioned it because it was his first bullpen appearence since 2008. Listened to half the series on mute, it was very good for the blood pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    Not to mention the fact that they kept bringing up Papa Grande's prefect save record like they were trying to jinx him with it. How about they not play favorites and just call the game??
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Not to mention the fact that they kept bringing up Papa Grande's prefect save record like they were trying to jinx him with it. How about they not play favorites and just call the game??
                      Hey now. You are playing favorites when watching it, so they can too!
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        I was disgusted with that as well. Even while the Yanks were sucking their way through the last 2 innings (the Tigers are 80-0 with a lead after 7) they were talking in hushed tones about the Yanks "devastating lineup" and spouting crap like "they're going to take the lead any second now with the tying run on." It makes me all the more happy to end their season.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Hey now. You are playing favorites when watching it, so they can too!
                          So, that's how it works. All makes sense now

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                            Absolutely agree about the hurt part, but Young is better then Rayburn. I hope he is OK, since the Rangers are a better team than the Yankees.
                            Young has a better, more accurate arm, but after watching him near-daily for the better part of three years, I still have a panic attack any time the ball is hit to right field with Delmon back there.

I actually like the way Detroit matches up with Texas. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like Detroit has put up some huge offensive numbers against them, especially at home, in recent years.

I didn't think the announcing was that terrible. If you're going to say that every time they said the Yankees were good was gushing and every time they said the Tigers were good was a jinx, don't you think you're maybe searching for a bias? Ron Darling's familiarity with the Yankees was probably ten times what it was for the Tigers, but I actually thought John Smoltz was pretty good on color.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              but I actually thought John Smoltz was pretty good on color.
                              Agreed. In Game 2, he said "You have to careful with the first pitch to Young," and he hit it out. Dumb luck, sure, but it made him look good.
                              Originally posted by Jon
                              You call everything.

Comment

• I feel the same way whenever a ball is hit to Rayburn. I am sure it is selective memory, but it feels like Rayburn has made many more defensive f ups than Young.

I agree that it felt like the announcer was throwing out every possible stat on the Tigers success in the hope that the Yanks came back.

As for the Rangers, I see that the Tigers have dominated the season series, with Ugondo being the only starter win a win (3)...I expect he will become a starter for this series.

So, any word on Young?
                                Last edited by Bronco; 10-07-2011, 02:09 PM.
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X