X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #2

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
    Instead of all the personal insults, why don't one of you actually put up a good argument to refute what I said?
    Why argue with a brick?
    Originally posted by moe24
    Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Instead of all the personal insults, why don't one of you actually put up a good argument to refute what I said?
      The arguement to refute what you said, is that you did not know this young man. You have no way of knowing if your characterization of him is at all accruate. Everyone will agree that this young man made some poor decisions in the past, but he had apparently kept himself out of trouble and may have in fact learned his lesson. Three young children are now without a father and that is a tragedy. Simply stating this man was a danger to everyone around him is quite a stretch, you really can't refute something that ignorant.

I happen to know an individual, who in his younger years, got himself in a lot of trouble and made some poor decisions. He learned his lesson and turned himself into a respectable local businessman, and a father of 4. Point is that people are capable of changing and should never be labled for life for their past transgressions (there are exceptions to this, child molestors etc.).

Comment

http://deadspin.com/5428737/chris-he...ises-and-falls

Here you go.

Comment

Three posts before...
          Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Maybe you should try jumping into a MOVING TRUCK. No one around here would care, in fact, I'm pretty sure a celebration thread would be started.
            Can we start the thread now and then bring it back up when Mr. Tae Bo jumps from a MOVING TRUCK and splatters all over the road?
            Last edited by Dirty; 12-17-2009, 01:13 PM.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Can we start the thread now and then bring it back up with Mr. Tae Bo jumps from a MOVING TRUCK splatters all over the road?
              Will the thread start with the words "Ding Dong!" or would that jinx it?

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                The arguement to refute what you said, is that you did not know this young man. You have no way of knowing if your characterization of him is at all accruate. Everyone will agree that this young man made some poor decisions in the past, but he had apparently kept himself out of trouble and may have in fact learned his lesson. Three young children are now without a father and that is a tragedy. Simply stating this man was a danger to everyone around him is quite a stretch, you really can't refute something that ignorant.

I happen to know an individual, who in his younger years, got himself in a lot of trouble and made some poor decisions. He learned his lesson and turned himself into a respectable local businessman, and a father of 4. Point is that people are capable of changing and should never be labled for life for their past transgressions (there are exceptions to this, child molestors etc.).
                Not necessarily, but when people start lionizing the recently deceased and filtering out the bad, it is. Not saying that's happened here, but it did happen with other celebrity deaths... notably a certain child molesting singer.
                But it's not like he stopped doing stupid things. He had been arrested numerous times since leaving college, that last occurrence in 2008 at age 25, and been almost constantly involved in some sort of drama since college.

If I knew you had been arrested numerous times in the last 5 years, I think I can make a fairly accurate estimation of your character.

Stop breaking the ******* law. How difficult is that?

When he was 23 he gave booze to 3 kids who were 18, 16, and 15. That is a giant scumbag. It's not like he was 21 and bought his 20 year old buddy some beer.

You say he turned his life around?

A list of criminal stupidity ...and a long list of excuses.

Stop breaking the law. One year arrest-free is a good start, but that doesn't mean things have changed.

Clearly the initial reports of the circumstances surrounding his death do not point towards a man who's grown past violence and stupidity.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/17/chris-...-on-the-truck/
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

If I knew you had been arrested numerous times in the last 5 years, I think I can make a fairly accurate estimation of your character.
                  Maybe so, but can't people change their ways and become a better person with a checkered past? Josh Hamilton comes to mind. Is he still scum of the earth because he once was addicted to coke?

When he was 23 he gave booze to 3 kids who were 18, 16, and 15. That is a giant scumbag. It's not like he was 21 and bought his 20 year old buddy some beer.
                  No, a parent buying their kids of that age alcohol is a giant scumbag. Not saying what he did was right necessarily, but those things happen more and more often these days, unfortunately.

You say he turned his life around?
                  Recently, absolutely he did. And those who KNOW him have attested to the fact that he has turned his life around and is beginning in the right direction.

You're a heartless **** if you are thankful that 3 very young children are now without a father just 8 days before Christmas.

Comment

[QUOTE=hockeyplayer1015;4523012]

Recently, absolutely he did. And those who KNOW him have attested to the fact that he has turned his life around and is beginning in the right direction.

QUOTE]

Again, did you hear that 911 tape? He obviously hadn't learned from the 6 "2nd" chances that he's been given. How can you say "absolutely"? The guy was acting like a freaking animal.
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Again, did you hear that 911 tape? He obviously hadn't learned from the 6 "2nd" chances that he's been given. How can you say "absolutely"? The guy was acting like a freaking animal.
                      Uh, ya... I listened to it. It's a bit vague to say he was "acting like an animal," isn't it? It is being treated as a domestic dispute, meaning something was going on between he and his wife. Who knows what happened prior to this, I'm fairly certain you don't know anymore than everybody else though. But, it's comforting to know you have no remorse for the children and others affected by this tragic incident under any circumstances.

Comment

Uh, ya... I listened to it. It's a bit vague to say he was "acting like an animal," isn't it? It is being treated as a domestic dispute, meaning something was going on between he and his wife. Who knows what happened prior to this, I'm fairly certain you don't know anymore than everybody else though. But, it's comforting to know you have no remorse for the children and others affected by this tragic incident under any circumstances.
                        I never said that I didn't have remorse for the children. I do feel bad for them, but on the flip side, maybe now they will be raised by someone responsible. Also, Henry was not married as you claim.

This guy jumped into the back of a moving vehicle with barely any clothing on. One arm is in a cast and he's pounding on the back window?!?!?

Clearly the acts of a man who has turned his life around...
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I never said that I didn't have remorse for the children. I do feel bad for them, but on the flip side, maybe now they will be raised by someone responsible.
                          ...or absolutely no one.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bottom line is, Chris Henry was a thug, Chris Henry's death was caused while he was in the process of acting like a thug, Chris Henry will no longer be a thug to anybody. His kids are probably better off not having a father that conducts themselves in such a manner that it causes their own death. I can only hope that the mother of the children is not found to be responsible, so the children don't lose both parents.
                            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Bottom line is, Chris Henry was a thug, Chris Henry's death was caused while he was in the process of acting like a thug, Chris Henry will no longer be a thug to anybody. His kids are probably better off not having a father that conducts themselves in such a manner that it causes their own death. I can only hope that the mother of the children is not found to be responsible, so the children don't lose both parents.
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Sounds like those who were close to him feel the same way.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Sounds like those who were close to him feel the same way.
                                Same guy that beat the hell out of a kid with a beer bottle because he "thought" he owed him money. To top that off, the kid was wearing HIS jersey.

Notice how no one brought up any of his past transgressions (or current). Naturally people are trying to paint the thug in a good light, because he's no longer here.
                                Last edited by Billy Blanks; 12-17-2009, 04:46 PM.
                                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X