The Most Interesting/Notable Unsolved Crimes in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Interesting/Notable Unsolved Crimes in History

Conversations and speculation about unsolved crimes always catches my attention. So I ask, what are the most interesting/notable unsolved crimes in history? I would have to put Jack the Ripper at the #1 spot.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Re: The Most Interesting/Notable Unsolved Crimes in History

D.B. Cooper.

Saw a story on it today actually, that's why it immediately came to mind.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...-lead.html.csp
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      D.B. Cooper.

Interesting. It would be crazy if they actually solved that one after so many years.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On the Today show they had a person of interest in regards to the DB Cooper case
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Regarding DB Cooper, I think that he is probably living in a beach town in Mexico, drinking margaritas and still laughing about how he pulled of the most flawless and legendary heist in history. Seriously, why would he take the chance of staying in the US?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Always fascinated by the Jimmy Hoffa case.

Here's the more extensive article from the Telegraph about the DB Cooper case.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Always fascinated by the Jimmy Hoffa case.
              I pass the former Machus Red Fox resturant on my way to and from work every day.

Comment

How could Michigan NOT win the national title in 1997, when they were CLEARLY the best team and had the best college player in the world???

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

I always thought the Zodiac case was interesting, even though now they're relatively sure who the guy was.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    D.B. Cooper.

We already know it was Adam West.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Regarding DB Cooper, I think that he is probably living in a beach town in Mexico, drinking margaritas and still laughing about how he pulled of the most flawless and legendary heist in history. Seriously, why would he take the chance of staying in the US?
                      I think he's in Zihuatanejo.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Who killed JonBenét Ramsey?

And now you can add who killed Kaylee Anthony?
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I think he's in Zihuatanejo.
                          Is it sad I thought this exact same thing?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Who killed JonBenét Ramsey?

And now you can add who killed Kaylee Anthony?
                            The disappearance of Judge Crater. And in Chicago in the 50's there were several murders of teenagers, two of which have never been solved: Judith Mae Andersen and the Grimes sisters.

As to Jon Benet and Kaylee, I assume you're speaking legally, since we know who killed them: their mothers. Remember, the person who wrote the 300 word "ransom" note in the Ramsey case asked for an amount of money equal to John Ramsey's Christmas bonus that year. How many people would know that? The note writer also referred to John's "good southern common sense." John was from Michigan. But Patsy and her cracker family always kidded him about his "good southern common sense." And who writes a 300 word "ransom " note anyway? Finally, the FBI was able to rule everyone but Patsy out as the writer of that note. Patsy wrote the note and was responsible for the death of Jon Benet. In the words of that Boulder cop on Larry King: "Patsy, I think you're good for this."
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 08-01-2011, 08:29 PM.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              The disappearance of Judge Crater. And in Chicago in the 50's there were several murders of teenagers, two of which have never been solved: Judith Mae Andersen and the Grimes sisters.

As to Jon Benet and Kaylee, I assume you're speaking legally, since we know who killed them: their mothers. Remember, the person who wrote the 300 word "ransom" note in the Ramsey case asked for an amount of money equal to John Ramsey's Christmas bonus that year. How many people would know that? The note writer also referred to John's "good southern common sense." John was from Michigan. But Patsy and her cracker family always kidded him about his "good southern common sense." And who writes a 300 word "ransom " note anyway? Finally, the FBI was able to rule everyone but Patsy out as the writer of that note. Patsy wrote the note and was responsible for the death of Jon Benet. In the words of that Boulder cop on Larry King: "Patsy, I think you're good for this."
                              Yeah, I was writing with tongue planted in cheek. I should have added who killed Nicole Brown Simpson.

On a more serious note, the killer or killers of several children at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto in 1980 and 1981 have never been found.
                              Last edited by SteveP; 08-01-2011, 08:59 PM.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                              X