The Most Interesting/Notable Unsolved Crimes in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Most Interesting/Notable Unsolved Crimes in History

Well, OJ is looking for that one. Apparently he's investigating Charles Manson for the next decade and change.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Well, OJ is looking for that one. Apparently he's investigating Charles Manson for the next decade and change.
      There was a hilarious Doonsberry strip where OJ is going door to door trying to find the killer. At one house a little boy answers the door and asks him how he's doing. "You know, grieve, party, grieve, party." The kid asks OJ if he wants to talk to his grandmother.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

i rarely steal anything, but when i do i choose dos equis
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I could be wrong, but weren't the Ramseys exonerated by DNA analysis a few years back? Or was that inconclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I could be wrong, but weren't the Ramseys exonerated by DNA analysis a few years back? Or was that inconclusive?
            There was evidently no DNA from the family on Jon Benet and some "foreign" DNA was present. Exoneration might be too strong a word. And it doesn't explain that ransom note. How likely is it that a wandering sexual predator found his way into that house, took the little girl our of her bedroom, went down two flights of stairs and killed her (in the house with her family there)? Then wrote a 300 word "ransom" note demanding 118K, the exact amount of John Ramsey's Christmas bonus. And don't forget the reference to john's "good southern common sense," a family joke which this anonymous, sexual predator would be unlikely to know. Patsy's dead. And the incompetence of the authorities in Boulder was graphically illustrated when they paid thousands of tax dollars to bring that creepy Karr character back for questioning. BTW, I believe I read somewhere that POS has had a sex change. Perfect. Paty's good for it, IMO, but the case will never be closed. Lawrence Schiller called his book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" for a reason.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 08-01-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
              I always thought the Zodiac case was interesting, even though now they're relatively sure who the guy was.

They are? The guy they kept bringing in came up negative in all their DNA tests, including old DNA from the original letters he sent. That one died in '92, IIRC.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Jacob Wetterling.

It's probably considered regional (happened in MN), but even in the last year or two, they were still trying to figure it out (crime happened in '89, some stuff was seized in 2010, but nothing came of it).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

1982 Tylenol murders
                  Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Who was the kid who disappeared and may have been the first to be shown on milk cartons? New York case. Just read something about his dad. There was also a high profile case in Des Moines involving a boy named Johnny Gosch. Disappeared on his paper route. No trace. The case left his mother quite demented, IMO. Twenty years later she's still peddling conspiracy theories that the boy was kidnapped by pedophiles. Really a very sad case.

Is Etan Patz the NY boy? And has anybody mentioned Hoffa?

These cases in the 80's became part of the so-called "missing child movement," which claimed that 50,000 kids a year are "kidnapped." That's preposterous on its face. Most kids who go missing are taken by non-custodial parents or are runaway/throwaway kids, usually teenagers. If there were 50K kids taken every year (or even a tiny fraction of that number) by strangers, we'd have a national nervous breakdown, suspend due process and begin hanging people on street corners.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-01-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                      1982 Tylenol murders
                      IIRC law enforcement thinks the guy who tried to capitalize on the killings, and served some time for it, but was never actually charged with the poisonings, may now be a suspect.

Comment

Working...
                      X