Project Runway '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Runway '11

Yay! another yr of Project Runway. Missed the lead up show but saw the show itself. Didn't seem there were the wild characters of the last season. For sure the narcicisstic one who thought she should be winning when she was sent off the runway (in the first group) will be back in the spotlight. Bets she will be a focus of everyone's wrath. They will keep her if only to keep everyone frothing at the mouth.

Thought Bert is very polished.
    I liked the vest detail of the guy that got kicked off.
    Still feeling out of touch for some things. I hated all the pants, esp the ones that they raved over from the Aisian gal that had never sewed.
    Underwhelmed by most of what they showed.

Why do they seem to collect flaming guys with a flapping wrist but never any prissy, mincing women or women who are very gruff? The men always seem to have way more affectations then the women they pick.

Re: Project Runway '11

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Yay! another yr of Project Runway. Missed the lead up show but saw the show itself. Didn't seem there were the wild characters of the last season. For sure the narcicisstic one who thought she should be winning when she was sent off the runway (in the first group) will be back in the spotlight. Bets she will be a focus of everyone's wrath. They will keep her if only to keep everyone frothing at the mouth.

Thought Bert is very polished.
    I liked the vest detail of the guy that got kicked off.
    Still feeling out of touch for some things. I hated all the pants, esp the ones that they raved over from the Aisian gal that had never sewed.
    Underwhelmed by most of what they showed.

Why do they seem to collect flaming guys with a flapping wrist but never any prissy, mincing women or women who are very gruff? The men always seem to have way more affectations then the women they pick.
    At the beginning of the season, it is hard to identify who's who. Almost have to watch twice just to figure out what's going on. Agree with you on Bert and those pants that got raves Hope there's not another Gretchen in this group--surprised she wasn't totally ostracized last year.
    And an interesting last comment on the personalities.

College Hockey, Project Runway and Top Chef--an interesting threesome
    Last edited by vizoroo; 07-29-2011, 11:16 AM.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Saw part of the show again, the "asian" girl is from Trinidad
      And the pants she made looked like they had a big pouch in the front.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

I've never heard the stereotype of butch lesbians being into fashion. Driving Subarus yes, making high end fashion...no.
        Old Monster Records

Comment

Well, I'm rooting for Joshua and Bert, (rooting for the underdogs). Joshua got blasted and Bert won. I was so hoping Anya was going to get auffed as she's really not qualified from a sewing angle to be in the competition.

I see on the website you can look at thier scores - kinda cool.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Last week the designers got their materials at the Pet Store But I must say the guy, Anthony I think, who made a dress from bird seed was pretty amazing.

This week they had to design for stilt walkers
            The runway walks were pretty awkward.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

The stilt ladies were freaky. I thought the blue top/brown pants was horribly boring, but the judges liked it. I generally don't like the team challanges, it's too hard to pin the winners and losers, and on the bottom 3 teams you just get people thrown under the bus.

Comment

Agree. I thought the blue top and pants thing looked like something that we would see Mrs. Brady on the The Brady Bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  The stilt ladies were freaky. I thought the blue top/brown pants was horribly boring, but the judges liked it. I generally don't like the team challanges, it's too hard to pin the winners and losers, and on the bottom 3 teams you just get people thrown under the bus.
                  Agree. I thought the blue top and pants thing looked like something that we would see Mrs. Brady on the The Brady Bunch.
                  I thought could have been on the bottom, except there were 3 that were worse
                  In this challenge I think the entire worst team could have been thrown under the bus and there would have been no great loss. I liked Burt initially, but....his attitude is getting really tiring.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    I thought could have been on the bottom, except there were 3 that were worse
                    In this challenge I think the entire worst team could have been thrown under the bus and there would have been no great loss. I liked Burt initially, but....his attitude is getting really tiring.
                    I felt like they were staging some of that stuff. Wondering what they cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      I liked Burt initially, but....his attitude is getting really tiring.
                      I was rooting for him since he was the old guy vs the youngsters, but him mailing in the pet store challange and his attitude with his partner last week have soured me on him as well. That pet store challange was his chance to go really crazy and experiment and make a statement, since the juges were worried he wasn't creative enough, but instead he mails it in like no one has ever before.

Comment

I was rooting for him since he was the old guy vs the youngsters, but him mailing in the pet store challange and his attitude with his partner last week have soured me on him as well. That pet store challange was his chance to go really crazy and experiment and make a statement, since the juges were worried he wasn't creative enough, but instead he mails it in like no one has ever before.
                        And he admitted it
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Kim Kardashian needs to rent Gone With The Wind and see the movie where they made dresses out of the curtains. My wife and I looked at her when she made that comment wondering what planet she is from.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I see on the website you can look at thier scores - kinda cool.
                            Where on the site?
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...9/fan-favorite

Comment

Working...
                              X