• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigblue_dl
    replied
    Re: Hittin' The Open Road: USCHO'ers and Their Cars

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I don't mind public transportation. Quite a convenience, IMO.
    Since I was 7 years old I have been able to go where I want, providing my own transportation. I don't like being on someone (train or bus's) schedule and route. If I want to go somewhere I want to hop in the truck and drive there. The whole concept of busses and trains is foreign to me, with where I grew up.

Jumping on a train to a Twins game, or something like that is a little different, since there are a bunch of trains going there, so schedule doesn't matter and it goes directly where I want to go.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

I don't mind public transportation. Quite a convenience, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Another reason I'm glad I don't live in a city like that: I don't have to use public transportation
    I think riding public transit is a good thing. It reminds my how well off I really am (in that I don't NEED to ride it).

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I don't think that does it justice. It doesn't convey the odor of sweat and puke, nor the filth on the floor and graffiti on the exterior.
    Another reason I'm glad I don't live in a city like that: I don't have to use public transportation

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    I don't think that does it justice. It doesn't convey the odor of sweat and puke, nor the filth on the floor and graffiti on the exterior.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

My ride

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Straight 6 engines are golden.
    I have a straight 6 in both of my vehicles. I'm a fan.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

1998 black Jeep Cherokee sport.

Only car I've ever owned. She's my baby.

Had her since I was 16....180K miles on it and still running strong (knock on wood). Had to do very little maintenance.

Straight 6 engines are golden. Unfortunately, I fear the body is going to give out before anything else due to the rust of living in the Northeast and the car sitting outside all the time for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I almost lost it turning onto hwy 65 on my way home from work. *** end came around and got almost perpendicular to the lanes. Luckily I'm a **** good driver so I rode it out and was on my. (Yes I can break the back end loose at will)

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Here's my latest toy:

*****http://i1119.***********.com/albums/k636/MarkEagleUSA/Chevy%202500/DSCF6905.jpg******

and my daily driver:

*****http://i1119.***********.com/albums/k636/MarkEagleUSA/Dscf1526.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I got my Jeep for $2000

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    If you're afraid of getting a new car because of depreciation, a Wrangler is a great buy.
    This. I made some repairs this spring, and in meh condition, my Jeep was worth $6600. Now? $10K. You gotta be kidding me! I was amazed.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I always knew you swung that way.

One prob with Jeep Wranglers: wayyyyyyy expensive, even used. I was looking at an upgrade, and found a 2007 w/40K miles, for 17K. 17K. And that was the best deal I found which had what I wanted (which wasn't much). FTR, I bought mine in 2001 (so 2 years old), it had about 20K miles on it, for 16K. I hear Mini Coopers are the same way in cost.
    Wranglers are one of the best vehicles on the market at holding their value.

I originally wanted a TJ ('97 to '06, last run with the AMC engine and transmission) but '06s with 40,000 miles on the clock were going for $19K. A new JK ('07 onward) was $23K. Worth the extra 4 grand to have 0 miles. If you're afraid of getting a new car because of depreciation, a Wrangler is a great buy.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Brent, who is tha dead **** guy in your jeep?
    I always knew you swung that way.

One prob with Jeep Wranglers: wayyyyyyy expensive, even used. I was looking at an upgrade, and found a 2007 w/40K miles, for 17K. 17K. And that was the best deal I found which had what I wanted (which wasn't much). FTR, I bought mine in 2001 (so 2 years old), it had about 20K miles on it, for 16K. I hear Mini Coopers are the same way in cost.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Brent, who is tha dead **** guy in your jeep?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X