Hittin' The Open Road: USCHO'ers and Their Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hittin' The Open Road: USCHO'ers and Their Cars

So I was thinking about this the other day, and surprised there wasn't a car thread on here. Knowing that DaveStPaul just bought a new one and I just got mine a couple months ago, why not start it.

Just got a 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion (AWD) with the sunroof and navigation package back in May, and have absolutely fallen in love with it. Handles super nice for a crossover SUV and has tons of nice features that just enhance the driving experience. I had narrowed myself down from 5 to the Mazda CX-7 and the Tiggy, and thus far haven't regretted the decision one bit. Its all stock for now, but thinking of putting an air intake on it and maybe a couple other things once I find out what I can do without killing my warranty.

The only 'negative' I can think of is that with the 2.0T engine, it is recommended that I use premium fuel, which I have personally translate into required since I don't want to risk anything with the engine.

So, who else drives what and what are your thoughts about it?

Re: Hittin' The Open Road: USCHO'ers and Their Cars

I have a 2011 Toyota Camry XLE with navigation and a 2011 Toyota Tacoma double cab with the TRD off road and tow package. Love them both.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If it's not clear by my name, I have some Alfas.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        If it's not clear by my name, I have some Alfas.
        Huh, I just always figured you were the Alpha Michigan fan.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Huh, I just always figured you were the Alpha Michigan fan.
          Eh, people do that all the time. I'm ok with mixing the letter with the name (originally an acronym) for non-car people, but I get car people who SHOULD know Alfa Romeo is not Alpha Romero, but don't.

But, yes- car not letter.

Comment

I just recently got a 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT with 4WD. It's quite nice, and I'm looking forward to how it handles in the winter.

Comment

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 6.7L Cummins, 6-speed manual: No complaints, would rather it wasn't a Dodge, but I'd buy whatever truck they put the ISB in. Bought it brand new, and now I'm up to 33,000 miles.

1989 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L AMC I6, 5-speed manual: Fun to drive. Planning on putting a Cummins B3.9 in it. It has about 280,000 miles and runs great, except for that it starts really ****ty in the cold.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

2005 Mazda 3. Got it last year after my 2001 Acura 3.2 TL was totaled by a rear-end collision. Got the 2.3 engine with a 5 speed manual, which makes it a very sprightly and fun car to drive. Handles terribly in the winter, but most of that can be fixed with snow tires. Not a fan of the rust on the rear wheel wells showing up already, but oh well. I plan on driving this vehicle into the ground.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  1989 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L AMC I6, 5-speed manual: Fun to drive. Planning on putting a Cummins B3.9 in it. It has about 280,000 miles and runs great, except for that it starts really ****ty in the cold.
                  So to solve that you are putting in a diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    So to solve that you are putting in a diesel?
                    The 3.9 has cold start capabilities down to about -30F with the use of the block heater, and starts easily down that far. The gas engine doesn't have a block heater and struggles at any temp less than about 40F. The 3.9 actually has published unaided cold start capabilities lower than what I've seen the AMC engine can do.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport. 2 door, forest green, auto, hard top with the Freedom removable panels over the roof. Swapped out the stock 225 Goodforayears for 265/75 Firestone all-terrains.

It is the most fun **** thing I have ever driven. It's totally unstoppable. I swear it handles BETTER in 6 inches of snow than on dry pavement. I've driven up 30 degree inclines after a 3/4 inch ice storm without thinking twice about it. And that's just the Sport. I shudder to think what the Rubicon can do.

Can't wait for the 2012's which will have the new Pentastar V6 and most likely a new transmission.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

This thread needs pictures!

My 2004 Volvo V70R estate - 300 hp turbo AWD. Sneaky fast (hey, it's a Volvo wagon) and lots of room for the hockey bag or our broadcast gear.

wheels
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                          As soon as I get home I can get some pictures, but that won't be for another 2 weeks or so anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Good call. Nice ride, BTW. Those are sleepers.

This isn't a picture of MY car, but it is the exact same thing, color and all.

*****http://i54.tinypic.com/8y9aqb.jpg******
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

This one isn't mine, but mine is identical:

*****http://www.kriegerford.com/Ford-Ranger-Columbus-large-1FTZR45E13TA19958-1.jpg******
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X