X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark???

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    On the driving/texting thing....The driver has to be responsible for their actions. There is no way the person texting them should be liable. It is the driver's and only the driver's decision to pick up the phone and read or send a text. This is like saying that the teenager wearing a sandwich board advertising for Little Ceasar's at an intersection is liable if some idiot gets distracted reading the board and rear-ends the car ahead of him.
    This. It's the driver's sole responsibility to maintain awareness. Nobody else's. I have sent texts when I knew someone was driving so they had the information when they got to their destination. I have received texts of the same nature. I don't check my phone unless my car is parked. If you don't have the discipline to do it, turn your phone off when driving, or put it in the trunk.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I agree if you're talking about discriminating against gays, or a race or a sex, etc, but not age. How can anyone object to non-profit organizations specificly designed to educate, develop and help kids? Seriously, why would anyone say that the Little League needs to admit adults? Pure stupidity.
      Do the kids coach themselves?

Comment

A or B

A - Sex Between Teacher and Student should not be a crime

B - Toss the Montana Judge
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

“It wasn’t this forcible, beat-up rape,” said Montana District Judge G. Todd Baugh as he stood by his sentence of a former high school teacher, convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl who later committed suicide.
          Was it a legitimate rape?

Comment

Either way, that guy is going to have the great-granddaddy of all angry mobs on his doorstep on day 30. He'll never set foot in that town again.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Was it a legitimate rape?
              Doesn't matter, because according to the 54 year-old "teacher" she implicitly "asked for it" by acting "older than her age". Never mind that 14 year-olds aren't allowed to consent according to Montana law.

This is clearly not an instance of some new grad 23 year-old getting a case of the hot nuts for a high school senior five years his junior; it's far less ambiguous than that. Regardless of student-teacher relationship ethics, this creep should be in jail for many years to come.

Comment

Do the kids coach themselves?
                You consider Little League coaches "in" the Little League? I sure don't. The kids are in the Little League, the adults coach Little League. Its different.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  You consider Little League coaches "in" the Little League? I sure don't. The kids are in the Little League, the adults coach Little League. Its different.
                  That's not what you said.

How can anyone object to non-profit organizations specificly designed to educate, develop and help kids?
                  If the whole organization is tax-exempt, then the whole organization should be discrimination free. That includes the coaches and the office staff etc.

Comment

That's not what you said.

If the whole organization is tax-exempt, then the whole organization should be discrimination free. That includes the coaches and the office staff etc.
                    I also said that I don't think there should be any discrimination....or did you forget that part already?

My viewpoint is that the age discrimination argument, for an organization that is meant for youths, is pretty **** silly, and no, I'm still not considering the adults running the organization as part of that. Yes they are part of the organization, but they aren't what the organization is about.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

A certain amount of "discrimination" in the technical sense is essential to everyday activity, if we say to "discriminate" is to notice distinctions.

Given this sense of the word, there is only a problem with "unreasonable" discrimination: it seems perfectly "reasonable" to me to have organizations devoted to youth welfare, for example, and not require them to admit adults as participating members (obviously adults will be running the organization).

Saying that a person is against all discrimination is just silly: does anyone really want to argue that Catholics should not be allowed to restrict participation in their sacraments only to Catholics? or that only Jews can go through a bar mitzvah? etc.

Yet under the doctrine of separation of church and state, we allow Catholic Churches and Jewish synagogs to be tax-exempt organizations.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        A certain amount of "discrimination" in the technical sense is essential to everyday activity, if we say to "discriminate" is to notice distinctions.

Given this sense of the word, there is only a problem with "unreasonable" discrimination: it seems perfectly "reasonable" to me to have organizations devoted to youth welfare, for example, and not require them to admit adults as participating members (obviously adults will be running the organization).

Saying that a person is against all discrimination is just silly: does anyone really want to argue that Catholics should not be allowed to restrict participation in their sacraments only to Catholics? or that only Jews can go through a bar mitzvah? etc.

Yet under the doctrine of separation of church and state, we allow Catholic Churches and Jewish synagogs to be tax-exempt organizations.
                        We also allow Catholic and other religious organizations to discriminate in their employment, an option which should change if they are to remain tax-exempt. Frankly, I don't think many churches should be allowed to keep their exemption anyway.

Comment

We also allow Catholic and other religious organizations to discriminate in their employment, an option which should change if they are to remain tax-exempt. Frankly, I don't think many churches should be allowed to keep their exemption anyway.
                          Which churches should, then?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Remember the Chuck Berry song "My Ding a Ling"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-Paris.html
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              My school district also discriminates against felons, especially those with crimes against children. How dare they!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                                My school district also discriminates against felons, especially those with crimes against children. How dare they!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X