X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark???

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If it was spelled that way it was probably a kit built by a dyslexic.
    Speaking of which, this is a photo I snapped on my phone at a Madison shopping mall last winter, as I waited for my wife. Just so much win. *****http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1951/gikv.jpg******
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I think I saw this movie...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/201...RFM/story.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

True story? or a new urban legend?

A couple are believed to have fallen to their deaths when a window they were having sex against gave way, say reports.

The horrific accident allegedly happened in China when the glass pane shattered.

The tragic man and woman are then understood to have hurtled to their deaths.

Eyewitnesses said the couple both fell to the ground as they clinched on to each other.

A source in China said: “With the two of them holding each other tight, they fell out of the building”.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          She came through the bathroom window?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            ****. That could have been myself and a former gf in a corner room of the Marquette. That we managed to fit onto the ledge at all still amazes me.

Comment

Wow.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...M8XE#responses

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/08/...security-flaw/
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, that's a little more complicated than just having to jiggle the handle.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I put this in the Nice Planet thread, but it goes here as well. The controversial roommate law in Watertown is here to stay.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Roo...218485161.html
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      I put this in the Nice Planet thread, but it goes here as well. The controversial roommate law in Watertown is here to stay.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Roo...218485161.html
                      I'm confused. Why is this worth noting?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I'm confused. Why is this worth noting?
                        I'm guessing they are worried about problem houses renting out to a ton of people, or if you want to run with a stereotype, ethnic families that tend to have a whole bunch of family members under one roof.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I'm guessing they are worried about problem houses renting out to a ton of people, or if you want to run with a stereotype, ethnic families that tend to have a whole bunch of family members under one roof.
                          I understand why the law got passed. I wonder why it's in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            I understand why the law got passed. I wonder why it's in this thread.
                            I put it here because it's the City Council putting one woman's wishes before the entire residents of the city and their wishes. Basically, it states that if you aren't related to someone, then you can't live with them. That's the what the fark for me.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              I put it here because it's the City Council putting one woman's wishes before the entire residents of the city and their wishes. Basically, it states that if you aren't related to someone, then you can't live with them. That's the what the fark for me.
                              That's not what the article you linked said. It says no more than 4 unrelated can room together. You can still live with your girlfriend and 2 buddies.

Comment

Highest paid public employee, by state

Edit: after I first saw this map, NH was changed from 'Hockey Coach' to 'University President'
                                Last edited by MadTownSioux; 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM.
                                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X