This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark???

Breast Milk Flavored Lollipops: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ntcmp=features

Sure, the kids are all crazy cute, but what slowly dawned on me was that my friends were actually producing milk so delicious it could turn a screaming, furious child into a docile, contented one. I knew I had to capture that flavor.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Building collapses in Downtown Philladelphia. Possible industrial accident.
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        That might still be a step up from the absinthe-flavored one.

Comment

Alright, who decided to play that Hawthorne Heights album in Rockefeller Plaza... http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen..._river_default

Comment

The Religion of Peace is ramping up again ... taliban beheads 2 boys in southern afghanistan
            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
              The Religion of Peace is ramping up again ... taliban beheads 2 boys in southern afghanistan
              And U Chicago kowtows: http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/10/u...lamic-prayers/
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The comments on that page are way worse than anything in the actual article.

Comment

This is actually a pretty good argument for universities to avoid having an official chapel, unless they are affiliated with a specific denomination (such as Notre Dame).

At MTU, the Lutherans, Catholics, and Unitarian Universalists were within easy walking distance of campus, but not on campus property.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    The comments on that page are way worse than anything in the actual article.
                    Not even close. The comments are funny, and unfortunately closer to the truth than they should be.

This PC **** has to stop.

If they put some crucifixes and holy water in a university owned mosque and said that it needed to be used for multi-faith services there would be 20 towelheads with suicide vests on the next plane from Kabul.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Not even close. The comments are funny, and unfortunately closer to the truth than they should be.

This PC **** has to stop.

If they put some crucifixes and holy water in a university owned mosque and said that it needed to be used for multi-faith services there would be 20 towelheads with suicide vests on the next plane from Kabul.

And then you guys wonder why you have the reputation of being bigoted asshats these days.

There's a nondenominational chapel at Dartmouth that many alums use for weddings and other services. I can all but guarantee Jews, Muslims, and even Buddhists have used it over the years. I'm supposed to be outraged by that?
                      Last edited by unofan; 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Would it still be "kowtowing" if they added pews to accommodate Christians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Would it still be "kowtowing" if they added pews to accommodate Christians?
                          If they added them to a masque, yes, of course.

Comment

And then you guys wonder why you have the reputation of being bigoted asshats these days.

There's a nondenominational chapel at Dartmouth that many alums use for weddings and other services. I can all but guarantee Jews, Muslims, and even Buddhists have used it over the years. I'm supposed to be outraged by that?
                            Bigoted asshat? Huh. I just don't really care for a religion that condones beheading children and abusing women, but I guess you disagree with me there.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Bigoted asshat? Huh. I just don't really care for a religion that condones beheading children and abusing women, but I guess you disagree with me there.
                              So you're not a fan of christianity, which condones the abuse of women if you follow the bible literally?

Gonna condemn Catholicism with that same wide brush for its molestation scandel?

The KKK is a self-proclaimed Christian organization. Guess that means all Christians hate Black people.
                              Last edited by unofan; 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

So you're not a fan of christianity, which condones the abuse of women if you follow the bible literally?

Gonna condemn Catholicism with that same wide brush for its molestation scandel?

The KKK is a self-proclaimed Christian organization. Guess that means all Christians hate Black people.
                                There is not enough push within the rumored "good factions" of Islam for me to think that they believe anything different. They should be publicly condemning these acts, and actively trying to separate themselves from the trash in their religion. I feel the same way about the parts of Christianity that you mentioned as I do about Islam, its just that I've seen enough branches of Christianity condemn that behavior that I see that the entire religion does not stand for those beliefs. I, myself, am not particularly religious.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X