X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What the Fark???

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't see how people can think I'm racist when Brent is the one that wants to fly the flag of the CSA and go back to owning his very own Toby.
    I don't wanna fly that hick flag. I'm surprised you don't have one hanging in the back of your pickup window with your trailer hitch balls hanging in the breeze.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I don't wanna fly that hick flag. I'm surprised you don't have one hanging in the back of your pickup window with your trailer hitch balls hanging in the breeze.
      I already said, I'm not from the south, I see no reason to fly that flag. We don't do it like that where I'm from. And you know I don't have bull balls hanging off my bumper. I do have bull balls hanging off the back of my bull, though, he's chillin' with the ladies in the pasture back home.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        For the record, Ronnie Van Zant refused to allow the confederate flag on anything with the Lynyrd Skynyrd name on it. The record companies wanted it because it would have been good marketing, but anything that says Lynyrd Skynyrd and has a confederate flag on it was produced after the death of RVZ.
        I'm no Skynyrd aficionado, but that's interesting considering they used as a stage backdrop for at least a few years prior to his death.
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

http://www.boston.com/news/education...?camp=obinsite
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

for my fellow history buffs:

Bizarre plan to defeat Hitler by turning him into a woman revealed

Britain hatched a bizarre plan to win the Second World War by turning Hitler into a woman.

The Allies secretly schemed to smuggle female sex hormones into the Fuhrer’s food in an attempt to curb his aggression. If the plot – like something out of TV comedy Blackadder – had gone ahead, it could have turned Herr Hitler into Her Hitler.

It was just one of a number of outlandish ideas to break the war’s stalemate, according to a new book by a leading academic. Others included dropping glue on Nazi troops in an attempt to stick them to the ground and disguising bombs in tins of fruit being imported to Germany.
            Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Does anyboy in the Madison WI area know what the fark has happened to the WWW.Channel3000.com website? It seems they have forgotten to pay their web server bill or something.
              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                That would have backfired spectacularly. Imagine femme-Hitler during that time of the month.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  That would have backfired spectacularly. Imagine femme-Hitler during that time of the month.
                  Holland would've really been in trouble.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    True. The British would have then needed to quickly invent Fϋhrer Strength Midol

Comment

Forget Mars, we should send a spaceship to this planet!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Forget Mars, we should send a spaceship to this planet!
                        For the love of God, please, do not tell my wife about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Yes, I know there are rednecks that still believe that the South won, etc. It's BS. But for the average American, I do believe that it's more a Harley/Skynyrd/etc thing, not "I want slaves" thing.
                          Hey! You don't have to be a redneck to want slaves. I mean... come on. I hate dusting.

(2/3rds of the cars in my work parking lot have CSA flags on them. To my knowledge, none of my coworkers wants to own slaves. They would lease.)
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Hey! You don't have to be a redneck to want slaves. I mean... come on. I hate dusting.

(2/3rds of the cars in my work parking lot have CSA flags on them. To my knowledge, none of my coworkers wants to own slaves. They would lease.)
                            Is English a requirement??

Willlbuuurrrrr!!!!
                            Last edited by joecct; 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Is English a requirement??

Willlbuuurrrrr!!!!
                              Wow. Just wow.

Comment

San Diego police look for person dressed as Gumby attempting to rob convenience store

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A person dressed as Gumby walked into a Southern California convenience store, claiming to have a gun and demanding money, but costume trouble and a skeptical clerk thwarted the would-be robber.

Surveillance video shows someone - police think it was a man - in a bulky, green costume and another man entering 7-Eleven in Rancho Penasquitos early Monday.

Gumby demanded money, but the store clerk thought it was a joke and ignored the life-size Claymation character, telling him he was cleaning up and didn't have time to waste, said San Diego police Detective Gary Hassen.

"You don't think this is a robbery? I have a gun," the costumed man said, fumbling inside his costume as if trying to retrieve a weapon, Hassen said.

But the green-gloves seemed to get in the way, and rather than pull a gun, he dropped 26 cents on the floor, Hassen said.

The video shows the second man, who came in with the Gumby suspect, but was not dressed as Pokey, walk out of the store.

The costumed character "can't pick up the money and he can't get the gun," Hassen said. So when the other man pulls up in front of the store and honks, the would-be robber runs to the white or silver minivan and takes off, Hassen said.

San Diego's KGTV News reported that the clerk told his boss he didn't know who Gumby was and described the character in the store as a "green SpongeBob SquarePants."

The clerk didn't report the encounter, but his boss called police after viewing the surveillance tape several hours later.

Police are taking the attempted theft very seriously, Hassen said.

It doesn't matter if a potential robber is wearing a ski mask, a bandanna, a hoodie or a big, green head - it's still a disguise, he said.

A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered by Crime Stoppers.

No other Gumby thefts have been reported in the area, Hassen said.

There have been no arrests, but police hope the surveillance tape will change that. People may not recognize the person under the Gumby suit, but his partner is very recognizable, Hassen said.

Comment

Working...
                                X