• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goldy_331
    replied
    Re: What the Fark???

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Can he register to vote?
    Only at the polls on election day in those States that permit that.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Can he register to vote?
    Nope, but he can make unlimited contributions to Super-PACs....

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Can he register to vote?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

NY court to decide if chimpanzee will qualify for legal personhood

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Marion Barry is still part of D.C. government? Good grief.
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You know that really comical, awful, ugly stereotype the herpa-derps have in their heads whenever they think of The Menace of Inner City Blacks?

Ward 8 is that but in real life. I'm not sure it isn't just an elaborate troll job; the place could be a Theme Park. Schoolly D and Easy-E look at Ward 8 and think, "ummm... maybe we should cross to the other side of the street."

Anyway, Barry is a God there. I'm pretty sure the engraving on the local courthouse is "Canis suscepit me."
    Cripes! At least Detroit figured out to run Kwame out of town on a rail.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Bonus feature they're not even using as a selling point: If you suffer from old-man sac, then you have a convenient chin-slapper bra.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

But where is the "WAIT! If you order now, we'll double the offer!"?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Apparently, British Columbia, Canada, isn't very high on the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Pastafarian loses his driver's license because he's wearing colander as religious head gear

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Woman charged in fork attack on stepdaughter

Apparently, the butter knives and spoons weren't available.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Looks like The Naked Gun was ahead of its time.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Filing this under "can't be too careful." (potentially NSFW)

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You know that really comical, awful, ugly stereotype the herpa-derps have in their heads whenever they think of The Menace of Inner City Blacks?

Ward 8 is that but in real life. I'm not sure it isn't just an elaborate troll job; the place could be a Theme Park. Schoolly D and Easy-E look at Ward 8 and think, "ummm... maybe we should cross to the other side of the street."
    But it could be a lot more. The city government seems to have modeled their form of government after the Chinese (pick any empire). It's bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy.

For those unfamiliar, there is the "Gold Coast" west of Rock Creek Park up to the Montgomery County Line where the (mostly white) rich folks live and where the "desired" schools are to be found. Ward 8 (Anacostia) is East of the Anacostia River/Potomac River up to the Prince Georges County Line. This is, as Kepler alluded to, the dumping ground - though it does have the city's only ice rink (Ft. Dupont). There are some beautiful houses in Anacostia - particularly out Branch Avenue. Even the Mayor's official residence is in Anacostia, but you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect it not to be a pig.

It's sad. However as the District's demographics change there is hope that the electorate will start to demand better schools, better facilities and a government whose duty is to the people not the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Jesus Kep, and I thought that the Chicago wards had problems, but just a quick glance of DC's Ward 8 sounds like every Chicago ward combined into one.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Anyway, Barry is a God there. I'm pretty sure the engraving on the local courthouse is "Canis suscepit me."
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-07-2014, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X