X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark???

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Would it still be "kowtowing" if they added pews to accommodate Christians?
    I would tend to believe that once the Moslems got the building, nobody else is going to be worshiping there. Ecumenism is not a trait of modern Islam.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I would tend to believe that once the Moslems got the building, nobody else is going to be worshiping there. Ecumenism is not a trait of modern Islam.
      http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-98821370459220/

Some Christians aren't exactly welcoming of others, either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        There is not enough push within the rumored "good factions" of Islam for me to think that they believe anything different. They should be publicly condemning these acts, and actively trying to separate themselves from the trash in their religion. I feel the same way about the parts of Christianity that you mentioned as I do about Islam, its just that I've seen enough branches of Christianity condemn that behavior that I see that the entire religion does not stand for those beliefs. I, myself, am not particularly religious.
        That's why I pray to Joe Pesci.

Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Bigoted asshat? Huh. I just don't really care for a religion that condones beheading children and abusing women, but I guess you disagree with me there.
          The religion condones nothing of the sort. Save any links you want to dig up because any true scholar of the Quran knows those claims are misinterpretations.

Comment

I think this is taking America's love affair with bacon a bit too...literally

Comment

What was your latest excuse for speeding? This one tops it all.

Comment

Mens Wearhouse fires George Zimmer, the Executive chairman, founder, largest stockholder (3.5%) and spokesperson. Tough day, George.
                Last edited by MadTownSioux; 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM.
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                  Mens Wearhouse fires George Zimmer, the Executive chairman, founder, largest stockholder (3.5%) and spokesperson. Tough day, George.
                  If I ever started a company, I would think long and hard before ever sending my company public. At most, I'd probably allow only closely held stock releases and make sure I held a minimum of 40% of the voting stock. Yes, I would sacrifice growth in order to maintain control over the product/company I founded.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    Do you gahrantee it?

Comment

Same thing happened to the Carl's Jr. founder in the early 90s, when he got kicked off the board. Six weeks later, he wheeled and dealed his way back into a 'chairman emeritus' role.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...tcmp=obnetwork

Ummm, what?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That is what the doctor told my buddy's wife when she was preggo. He said maybe 1/2 glass of wine with dinner or something along those lines wouldn't hurt.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Prior to the extensive study and definition of FAS in the 70s, this was a lot more common than you would think. Still, would you want the mother of your child to be one of the ones who risks it? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Prior to the extensive study and definition of FAS in the 70s, this was a lot more common than you would think. Still, would you want the mother of your child to be one of the ones who risks it? I don't think so.
                              Yeah, obviously before we knew alot about FAS it was more common. What surprises me is that now they're backtracking a bit from "no alcohol" during pregnancy to "up to 7 drinks per week" is ok. I have always been under the impression that even a small amount of alcohol could have an impact on fetal development.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Here's what my doctor told me when I asked if I could have an NA beer or glass of wine once in awhile: women in Europe drink through their whole pregnancies; you'll be fine.

Let me tell you, that Blue NA was the best tasting "beer" I've ever had.
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X