Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

WWE fires Hulk Hogan. Apparently the Hulkster used a word that described the sheriff of Rock Ridge.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

WWE currently giving Hulkster the Chris Benoit unperson treatment on the website. All references to him scrubbed. No es bueno.
      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-24-2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: Joe beat me
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        WWE currently giving Hulkster the Chris Benoit unperson treatment on the website. All references to him scrubbed. No es bueno.
        Well, when it comes crashing down...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Well, when it comes crashing down...
          Hulkster's hurting inside and taking a stand. His friends aren't hurting his pride though.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Obviously this news is 24 hours old, but yesterday we lost one of the best and most well-known heels in the history of wrestling in "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. Everyone thinks Hulk Hogan was the one who started the wrestling boom period with the help of Vince McMahon. But pro wrestling is just like superhero movies....the hero is only as good as the villain. And Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon wouldn't have made all that money without Roddy Piper as the man in the black cowboy hat. Besides being one of my favorites when i was a kid. two stories stick out in my head about what a great guy Roddy Piper was.

1. When Ric Flair needed a tag team partner to go against WWF World Tag Team Champions The Spirit Squad in 2006, the fans voted for Piper. After the matches, everyone has to have a physical. And that was when it was discovered that Piper had Hodgkin's lymphoma. He always appreciated the fans for basically saving his life by voting him into that match.

2. Piper was trained by "Judo" Gene LeBell (whose brother Mike originated the LeBell Lock...used by Daniel Bryan). Gene LeBell also trained Ronda Rousey. When Gene wanted to give Ronda the "Rowdy" nickname, she instead called Roddy to ask for his permission to use HIS nickname first. I dig that respect. And that's why Ronda dedicated her fight tonight to the "Rowdy Scot."

Roddy Piper won titles everywhere, including the NWA United States Title and the WWF Intercontinental Title. His epic dog collar match with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine from Starrcade 1983 is stuff of legend. As was his match with Bret Hart from WrestleMania VIII. He was in They Live. He was spoofed on South Park and Simpsons. But most importantly, Roddy Piper loved his family, the fans, and pro wrestling. And there won't be another "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
            Last edited by Dude Love; 08-01-2015, 05:59 PM.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Obviously this news is 24 hours old, but yesterday we lost one of the best and most well-known heels in the history of wrestling in "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. Everyone thinks Hulk Hogan was the one who started the wrestling boom period with the help of Vince McMahon. But pro wrestling is just like superhero movies....the hero is only as good as the villain. And Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon wouldn't have made all that money without Roddy Piper as the man in the black cowboy hat. Besides being one of my favorites when i was a kid. two stories stick out in my head about what a great guy Roddy Piper was.

1. When Ric Flair needed a tag team partner to go against WWF World Tag Team Champions The Spirit Squad in 2006, the fans voted for Piper. After the matches, everyone has to have a physical. And that was when it was discovered that Piper had Hodgkin's lymphoma. He always appreciated the fans for basically saving his life by voting him into that match.

2. Piper was trained by "Judo" Gene LeBell (whose brother Mike originated the LeBell Lock...used by Daniel Bryan). Gene LeBell also trained Ronda Rousey. When Gene wanted to give Ronda the "Rowdy" nickname, she instead called Roddy to ask for his permission to use HIS nickname first. I dig that respect. And that's why Ronda dedicated her fight tonight to the "Rowdy Scot."

Roddy Piper won titles everywhere, including the NWA United States Title and the WWF Intercontinental Title. His epic dog collar match with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine from Starrcade 1983 is stuff of legend. As was his match with Bret Hart from WrestleMania VIII. He was in They Live. He was spoofed on South Park and Simpsons. But most importantly, Roddy Piper loved his family, the fans, and pro wrestling. And there won't be another "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The one I like is Ronda Rousey seeking his permission to use the "Rowdy" nickname.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Tribute video from Monday Night Raw.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

New Day is hilarious. Woods, Big E, and Kofi deserve medals for making chicken salad out of that horrendous gimmick.

WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOOOSE?
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The one I like is Ronda Rousey seeking his permission to use the "Rowdy" nickname.
                      From what I heard, she was just given it (alliteration) and Roddy heard about it, and was pretty dam happy about it, and contacted her first. This is hearsay, but it is the version I heard.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        From what I heard, she was just given it (alliteration) and Roddy heard about it, and was pretty dam happy about it, and contacted her first. This is hearsay, but it is the version I heard.
                        Either way it's awesome and Piper is awesome. Gone too soon.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, went to my first WWE event tonight in Tampa for Raw. Was 5th row behind announce table, had some people tell me I was in background a few times.

Pretty fun time, only regret is the Dudley Boyz didn't destroy some furniture with New Day (sucks). And there was no Brrrrrockkkkkkk Lesnarrrrrrr (Paul Heyman voice).

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...190741360.html

Superfly Jimmy Snuka arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              The murder weapon was a coconut. RIP Hot Rod.

Oh, and this is the worst kept wrestling secret of all time.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

To bump this thread back up from the dead...

I've been watching New Japan Pro Wrestling's stuff on AXSTV (used to be HDNet) and enjoying it very much, especially the Bullet Club.

Only to find out part of the Bullet Club signed with WWE. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, and AJ Styles? AJ Styles in WWE? Crazy. Plus Shinsuke Nakamura. Didn't see that coming.

Plus Mauro Ranallo is the PBP voice on Smackdown?

Dammit.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X