Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Its lucky the briefcase was still in play.

See, I didn't see Mania, but read about it and followed online. One thing that I'm not getting. For years, WWE has been telling us that the MITB winner had a shot against the champion whenever he wanted it. I'm all for Rollins cashing in and becoming champ, but, he didn't pin Lesnar, he pinned Reigns. At the time, Reigns wasn't champ, and it wasn't a three way dance, so shouldn't Lesnar still have the strap?
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      See, I didn't see Mania, but read about it and followed online. One thing that I'm not getting. For years, WWE has been telling us that the MITB winner had a shot against the champion whenever he wanted it. I'm all for Rollins cashing in and becoming champ, but, he didn't pin Lesnar, he pinned Reigns. At the time, Reigns wasn't champ, and it wasn't a three way dance, so shouldn't Lesnar still have the strap?
      He did come out against the champ. He came out early and thus declared it a tripe threat match. Works for me. The whole concept is dumb anyway, but that's wrestling some times. The beauty of it was how they got themselves out of the box. The briefcase issue is done for this year, Reigns was elevated, and Lesnar never was pinned. They got the best of three worlds in one match.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

michael cole's shoe is still in the ring
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Ziggler - Bryan match was pretty good.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            About the only thing left intact...

So I haven't watched in forever but I like some of the tag teams.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              About the only thing left intact...

So I haven't watched in forever but I like some of the tag teams.
              Should...should we tell him?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Should...should we tell him?
                Go ahead.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Go ahead.
                  The tag division is being woefully underused right now.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    The tag division is being woefully underused right now.
                    That would be one of the reasons why I don't watch.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Best way to turn Brock Lesnar face: have him destroy Michael Cole.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

AJ Lee decides to retire from in-ring competition, per WWE.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          AJ Lee decides to retire from in-ring competition, per WWE.
                          Wonder if her husband had any influence...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I put this in the movie thread, also, but just in case someone here doesn't cross over to there:

The Sheik:

Documentary on the Iron Sheik of WWE/F fame. Well done. It is rather frank and doesn't pull punches. Uplifting, incredibly depressing at times, I really recommend this even if you are not into, or never was into, wrestling.

Sidenote: I know Jake The Snake's past, but he still looks worse than what he should look like right now. My God.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Only a few weeks after the death of Verne Gagne, we've lost the American Dream. Dusty Rhodes died this morning at 69. Hundreds of wrestlers took to Twitter today to remember him. I saw one great quote that said something like "If Dusty Rhodes isn't the reason you love wrestling, he's the reason your favorite superstar loves wrestling." He wined & dined with kings & queens, but slept in alleys & dined on pork & beans. The man of the hour...the tower of power...too sweet to be sour. He's the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes. RIP, Dream!
                              Last edited by Dude Love; 06-20-2015, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure the last time there was a Diva segment with multiple "this is awesome" chants, but it happened when Charlotte, Sasha Banks, & Becky Lynch all debuted on Raw this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X