Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Does this seem beneath a guy like Mick Foley, or am I just underestimating how depressing the post-career life of a pro wrestler (even a really famous and successful one) really is?

http://northwoodsleague.com/green-ba...opening-night/

To note: On one hand, there is a WWE event in Green Bay in a few weeks. On the other hand, the Bullfrogs are lucky if they draw 1000 fans a game.
    Also in his defense, Foley is a giant dork at heart. He probably jumped all over this chance.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Santino Marella has announced his retirement from in-ring competition, citing chronic neck injuries.

Hopefully he sticks around and WWE finds a use for his character.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

THE MIZ!!!!!!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What a gob****e PPV.

CENAWINSLOL...can live with Jericho winning, that feud needs more buildup...Miz wins the IC belt for no good reason...OUTRIGHT RENEGING ON THE ADVERTISED #2 MATCH ON THE CARD...I'm surprised more people aren't screaming for refunds based on that alone.

Summerslam better be legendary or Vince and company are in trouble.

Comment

TMZ reporting Spike TV will cancel TNA Impact.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact...-spike-tv-tna/

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              TMZ reporting Spike TV will cancel TNA Impact.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact...-spike-tv-tna/
              Russo is a wrestling serial killer with all the companies he's killed.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I don't get Brock being Champ. He doesn't work. He's like part time, part time if that.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I don't get Brock being Champ. He doesn't work. He's like part time, part time if that.
                  I agreed for a while, but WWE has played this pretty much perfectly. He broke the Streak and threw the top face in the company around like a ragdoll for a solid half hour. There really isn't anything credible left for him to do, so he doesn't have to be full time any more - he can pick his battles, and Heyman can do the talking for him. He's kinda like the secret final boss in the game. Or the new Undertaker, if you will.

Heyman is going to make some kids cry tonight on Raw.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Which is good. Seeing the WWE World Champion should be an event to see. Back in the day you'd have to wait until a PPV or SNME to see Hulk Hogan wrestle as champion. You'd never see him on Superstars or All-American Wrestling.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2015...

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Major Titles Held:
                      2-Time WWF World Heavyweight Champion
                      4-Time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
                      1-Time WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion
                      1987 WWF King of the Ring
                      1995 WCW King of Cable
                      1995 World War 3 Winner

Wrestling Observer Awards Won:
                      1987 Match of the Year (vs. Ricky Steamboat)
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Major Titles Held:
                        1995 WCW King of Cable
                        1995 World War 3 Winner

Dunno why I checked in now, but I did. And having said that...Macho Man is my #1 fave wrestler of all time. Undertaker #2, but Macho Man...yeah, pretty much ruled.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Major Titles Held:
                          1995 WCW King of Cable
                          1995 World War 3 Winner

So, now that he's dead him and Vince made up? I know they had some issues.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            So, now that he's dead him and Vince made up? I know they had some issues.
                            Well yeah, Vince can exploit his death without any push back, now that the Poffo family is on board with the induction.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Welp, Philadelphia is going down in flames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                Welp, Philadelphia is going down in flames.
                                Technically, I never saw Curtis Axel eliminated. I pulled #6 in my pool and my protest if the results is not going over well.
                                BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                                CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                                2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X