Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Obviously Taker wanted the streak to end - he's an old-school professional and in wrestling you go out looking at the lights. That said, this couldn't have happened without his say so.

I just...dunno. They couldn't have given him a better sendoff with or without the streak?

Also...DANIEL BRYAN JUST WON THE **** TITLE AND THIS IS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT?
    I hear ya about old pro /Andre. The Undertaker was my 2nd fave all time after Macho Man. Through his different personas and everything.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I was a fan of Brock, despite his off-air db-ness. But the streak....the streak.....I don't even follow wrestling anymore and I respect the streak.
      I with you, Undertaker is easily one of my favorites. I'm disappointed to hear of the streak ending.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        People were legit leaving the Superdome after the Taker-Lesnar match. They basically HAD to put the WWE World Title on Daniel Bryan or the place may have been a pile of rubble in the morning.
        RAW would've been fun though!
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It's like y'all are expecting Vince to do the logical thing with something like THE STREAK
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            It's like y'all are expecting Vince to do the logical thing with anything. Ever.
            ftfy
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The problem now goes thusly:

Brock has just been handed the role of the biggest monster heel in the history of the WWE. He broke tStreak, that's all that needs to be said. That's a terrific role for him IF THEY USE HIM. A DBD-Brock match at Backlash right now would blow the roof off the place.

If Brock were full time and they clearly had plans for him, this would have gone over a lot better. I'm seeing a lot of sentiment that they shouldn't have let an up-and-comer end tStreak because it would be too much for him to live up to afterward. I don't disagree, but for a slightly different reason - no one could really use it right now. Bryan got over on his own, Cesaro just wouldn't quite make sense, Punk is AWOL and didn't need it to begin with...

The graceful way out of this - Taker comes out tomorrow night on Raw, starts teasing the end...cut to Sting in the rafters. One more match to send him off.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Brock has just been handed the role of the biggest monster heel in the history of the WWE. He broke tStreak, that's all that needs to be said. That's a terrific role for him IF THEY USE HIM. A DBD-Brock match at Backlash right now would blow the roof off the place.

If Brock were full time and they clearly had plans for him, this would have gone over a lot better. I'm seeing a lot of sentiment that they shouldn't have let an up-and-comer end tStreak because it would be too much for him to live up to afterward. I don't disagree, but for a slightly different reason - no one could really use it right now. Bryan got over on his own, Cesaro just wouldn't quite make sense, Punk is AWOL and didn't need it to begin with...

The graceful way out of this - Taker comes out tomorrow night on Raw, starts teasing the end...cut to Sting in the rafters. One more match to send him off.
                *Slow Clap!*
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Rumblings on r/squaredcircle that Taker was just taken to the hospital.

Could be something, could be nothing, could be a work, could be baloney, could be a Klunk, could be $50,000 in cash...
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

a

Comment

First move of that match, taker got flipped on his head/shoulder. I thought he got hurt there.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Agree on all counts.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I was a fan of Brock, despite his off-air db-ness. But the streak....the streak.....I don't even follow wrestling anymore and I respect the streak.
                          I would've gotten it if Punk did it last year or D Bry did it. I know Taker is an old school guy and wanted it to end, but I wish it were to someone that needed the rub. Brock didn't.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

My thoughts on the Streak being broken....

It makes sense. They couldn't have it be someone who is going to be the face of the company in a few years, IE Roman Reigns, no one would get behind him, he would always be seen as the person to break it. I read somewhere that it was Undertaker who trained Brock, and that they buried the hatchet (no pun intended) and are friends again. Brock will never be a face again after he did what he left to go to MMA and try out for the NFL, so if that's the case, who better than Brock? Yes, Brock didn't NEED the rub, but now he solidifies his place as a monster heel. Besides, it HAD to end, Taker isn't getting any younger, and he had to do it now, when there was still some semblance of doubt of when it was going to broken, than later, when Taker is a broken down old man. If it happened later, people would say that Taker was beat because he was injured, too old, etc....I didn't see the match, but I notice by reading the recaps it wasn't nearly as long as Taker's previous Streak matches, whether that was because of age, his opponent, or another factor, I don't know, but it is telling. The last thing we need is for someone to break the Streak in a squash match. Lastly, the shocked looked on Lesnar's and Heyman's faces were part of it, as well as the delay in the music playing for Brock, etc, because if it appears that even WWE was shocked by what happened, it is definitely more believable.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Taker confirmed in the hospital with a concussion/neck injury.

Yup. He knew he had reached the end and gave it up.

Comment

I was hoping to see him just retire with the streak intact. He was never "preventing younger talent from making it" by being undefeated as much as he was doing it by still being on the active roster.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X