X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Looks like the old one got baleeted.

As for tonight's Raw...JESUS. H. CHRIST. I'll just let this speak for itself.

Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-12-2011, 12:46 AM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Punk cuts some of the best promos of the last 10 years...and Cena tells a couple poop jokes. Sounds about right.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

CM Punk = this era's Stone Cold
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

So what exactly is this storyline here? I think this is a nice play given what has happened with titles in the past (the woman that took the WWF Women's title to the trash on WCW Notro or Bret Hart's deal)... It's an interesting angle for me, being someone who saw this scenario legitimately happen when I was an active viewer... Is that what they are going for?
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Race,

Punk's contract runs out on July 17 and the storyline centers on that. He is threatening to leave the company and not re-sign. Punk is basically being allowed to say whatever he wants and called Cena, Rock and Hogan asskissers. He also said that the company would be better if Vince died, but he remembered that the company would then fall into the hands of his idiotic daughter (Stehpanie) and his doofus son-in-law (Triple H).

On the same front, Punk wanted Vince to bring back WWE ice cream bars. Here is a link to make a suggestion to Good Humor, the makers of the bars.

https://ssl.unilever.com/goodhumor.com/Contact-Us.aspx
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

With the stipulation of Cena being fired if CM Punk leaves the PPV with the title I already know how the storyline resolves. Punk wins the match, whoever wins RAW's Money in the Bank match immediatel cashes in, thus saving Cena's job.
            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
              With the stipulation of Cena being fired if CM Punk leaves the PPV with the title I already know how the storyline resolves. Punk wins the match, whoever wins RAW's Money in the Bank match immediatel cashes in, thus saving Cena's job.
              Exactly. But the question is this: who of Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley, R-Truth, The Miz, Evan Bourne, or Jack Swagger could it be? It would have to be a face...maybe Mysterio? They could do Mysterio vs. Del Rio at SummerSlam...in LA. That would make sense. There's no way in this universe that they put the WWE World Title on Kingston, Riley, or Bourne.

@RaceBoarder: The same thing almost happened when Mike Awesome left ECW to go to WCW when he was still ECW World Champion. I think Paul Heyman threatened to sue WCW back to the stone age if that actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Exactly. But the question is this: who of Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley, R-Truth, The Miz, Evan Bourne, or Jack Swagger could it be? It would have to be a face...maybe Mysterio? They could do Mysterio vs. Del Rio at SummerSlam...in LA. That would make sense. There's no way in this universe that they put the WWE World Title on Kingston, Riley, or Bourne.

@RaceBoarder: The same thing almost happened when Mike Awesome left ECW to go to WCW when he was still ECW World Champion. I think Paul Heyman threatened to sue WCW back to the stone age if that actually happened.
                That is what I am saying... Vince is taking a "real life" problem that was faced in the past and using it as a storyline... I think that this is a sign that Vince really does believe that wrestling fans are becomning smarter and smarter about their "sport"....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Oh, and by the way, this upcoming PPV is taking place in CM Punk's hometown of Chicago.

It's going to be an ECW-level hot crowd.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

You know what would be hilarious?

Cena goes over clean. Then what the heck, have him beat the MITB winner for the lulz.

The entire IWC would light itself on fire. There would be lynch mobs for Vince and Johnny Ace forming within the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      You know what would be hilarious?

Cena goes over clean. Then what the heck, have him beat the MITB winner for the lulz.

The entire IWC would light itself on fire. There would be lynch mobs for Vince and Johnny Ace forming within the hour.
                      It would be interesting since no MITB winner has lost when cashing in.
                      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

It looks like WWE has about as much wrestling these days as MTV has music .

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                          It looks like WWE has about as much wrestling these days as MTV has music .
                          If someone like Punk is good on the mic and they give him a 25 min segment of pretty much promo then I'm ok with it.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Comment

If someone like Punk is good on the mic and they give him a 25 min segment of pretty much promo then I'm ok with it.
                            I agree. I want to be entertained. A 15 minute John Cena poop joke does not do that.

Comment

Is Punk's feud with McMahon legit? Or does he simply want to leave and this is how they're staging it?

Comment

Working...
                              X