X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitch Boy
    replied
    Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

I've been preaching that I don't like "realistic" injury works in the ring (throwing the X, paramedics, Owen voices, etc.) Last night is exactly the reason why.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There's the rub. I remember them cleanly dropping the storyline involving one of the Killer B's back in the day after the guy died. But they've done some really tasteless/bad stuff in the past.
    Killer Bees? Jim Brunzell & Brian Blair are both still alive.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

I can't even imagine how Cole felt that whole time having to sit there by himself.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-x-9Wn1y9NsE/UE6r1lSLyrI/AAAAAAAAAEI/7TP52axQgrg/s1600/Arda.jpg******a

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Fox Sports is reporting that "The King" suffered either a heart attack or stroke. I'm about to go watch the show...but I'm not really looking forward to it. Jerry's been a huge part of every Monday night for me over the last 20 years. Hope he's OK.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

So was this on camera or was this something that they were able to cut away from for the most part? I can't find any YouTube video of the incident... Just reaction and commentary from fans... I'm curious as to what TV viewers actually saw....

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There's the rub. I remember them cleanly dropping the storyline involving one of the Killer B's back in the day after the guy died. But they've done some really tasteless/bad stuff in the past.

Glad (in a way) I keep tabs on this thread, even though I haven't watched WWE in years. The King is awesome. A legend.
    True, but if they where going to be that dumb, they would have waited til the end of the show to have him fake a heart attack.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    I would think after the Owen Hart incident, Vince and company would be smart enough to have a guy just keeling over being a part of the storyline.

Glad (in a way) I keep tabs on this thread, even though I haven't watched WWE in years. The King is awesome. A legend.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    I feel like a real jerk for thinking this was a work. Ugh. Hope he's OK.
    I would think after the Owen Hart incident, Vince and company would be smart enough to have a guy just keeling over being a part of the storyline.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Lawler is in stable condition.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Jerry Lawler went into convulsions and was just carried away from the announcers' table. Possible heart attack. Not part of show.
    I feel like a real jerk for thinking this was a work. Ugh. Hope he's OK.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Lawler at the hospital. He is alive and breathing on his own. Cardiac arrest.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Cole can barely speak. This is not good.

ETA: Commentary has stopped.
    http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10027257.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What? Holy................
    Cole can barely speak. This is not good.

ETA: Commentary has stopped.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Jerry Lawler went into convulsions and was just carried away from the announcers' table. Possible heart attack. Not part of show.
    What? Holy................

Leave a comment:

Working...
X