X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxton
    replied
    Re: Professional Wrestling Thread: Sign It Before The Stock Plummets Some More

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Well you hate competent workers like Punk and Bryan. You probably dislike Jericho, The Shield, Cesaro and Ziggler.
    0 for 3

I don't hate Punk or Bryan, they're just massively overrated.

I've liked Jericho from when he was with WCW, he's being poorly used like he was in his last stint, and it would be great if the creative team realized that simply having a known character lose over and over again to newer talent isn't a good way to build the new guys up. Memorable feuds include back and forth, not just the two *******es at the announce table saying how memorable it was.

The Shield is mostly a bland rip off of the NWO except with people no one really knows. They'll be disbanded soon and forgotten.

Cesaro is fine but has a stale gimmick.

Ziggler was great in the spirit squad.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    0 for 2. I'd only watch Khali to watch those twigs he has for legs snap and Henry would turn the ring into a swimming pool if he was active for more than 5 minutes.

Punks promos are mediocre at best, all current promos are the same way because they don't know have compelling stories to build around characters they don't know how to handle. It's just one 'fued' to get to the next pay per view then move on.
    Well you hate competent workers like Punk and Bryan. You probably dislike Jericho, The Shield, Cesaro and Ziggler.

Leave a comment:

• Foxton
    replied

You'd probably want to watch the Great Khali vs. Mark Henry in a 60-minute iron man match instead of a guy that can actually cut a halfway entertaining promo, or do you want to see HHH grunt through a 20 minute promo.
    0 for 2. I'd only watch Khali to watch those twigs he has for legs snap and Henry would turn the ring into a swimming pool if he was active for more than 5 minutes.

Punks promos are mediocre at best, all current promos are the same way because they don't know have compelling stories to build around characters they don't know how to handle. It's just one 'fued' to get to the next pay per view then move on.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Yes... that's why I was complaining about a punk segment. It was totally better when he was whining for 10-15 minutes that he wasn't getting enough attention.
    You'd probably want to watch the Great Khali vs. Mark Henry in a 60-minute iron man match instead of a guy that can actually cut a halfway entertaining promo, or do you want to see HHH grunt through a 20 minute promo.

Leave a comment:

• Foxton
    replied

Told you it wasn't so bad when Punk was champ.
    Yes... that's why I was complaining about a punk segment. It was totally better when he was whining for 10-15 minutes that he wasn't getting enough attention.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Having avoided watching any wrestling for a while now, I come back to the tail end of Cena and Punk, and see that there's a ****ing celebration for the Rock?

It just keeps getting worse and worse.
    *****http://i107.***********.com/albums/m285/mcfoxton/XugdlJd_zpsf3acf3b2.gif******

And now here comes the worlds sweatiest man.
    Told you it wasn't so bad when Punk was champ.

Looks like Swagger's push is dead.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-st...ic-violations/

As for Twitch, the same people that are mad about the Tea Party angle probably thought the Nation of Domination was an accurate portrayal of black people.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/

This right here.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

The worst part of this Thwagger Teabagger angle is that in half the territories he's going to be cheered as a face.

Leave a comment:

• Foxton
    replied

Having avoided watching any wrestling for a while now, I come back to the tail end of Cena and Punk, and see that there's a ****ing celebration for the Rock?

It just keeps getting worse and worse.
    *****http://i107.***********.com/albums/m285/mcfoxton/XugdlJd_zpsf3acf3b2.gif******

And now here comes the worlds sweatiest man.
    Last edited by Foxton; 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Oh come on, why not toss him into the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

The greatest thing ever happened on RAW. Fast-forward to 2:10ish.

I will now erect a Hall of Pain in Mark Henry's honor.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

According to a press release, the fourth inductee into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame will be this man:

*****http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/365/artswrestlesammartino12.jpg******
    "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino

Major Championships Held:
    2-Time WWF World Heavyweight Champion*
    2-Time WWF International Tag Team Champion (with Domenic DeNucci & Tony Marino)
    1-Time WWF United States Tag Team Champion (with Spiros Arion)

Major Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards:
    1980 Feud of the Year (with Larry Zbyszko)

*Sammartino defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers on May 17, 1963 to win the title...and didn't lose it until January 18, 1971 against "Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff. His second reign began on December 10, 1973 when he beat Stan "The Man" Stasiak...and that reign lasted until he was defeated by "Superstar" Billy Graham on April 30, 1977. That's over 10 years as the WWF World Champion.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    As far as the comparison to Hogan, I remember being 12 years old watching WrestleMania IX and seeing Hogan beat Yokozuna for the WWF World Title. I think my reaction was "Stupid Hogan! We want Bret Hart!" Not every kid is a dumb mark...some actually have taste. I bet there are kids in that crowd who hate Cena but love guys like Bryan, Rhodes, and Punk.

And they should do a special DVD of Cena's greatest promos. Included could be "JBL is poopy," "Y2-Cheap," and that one where he rambles about Damien Sandow's nipples.
    Don't forget about the CM Sucks promo.

I catch heat about complaining about Rock winning and I posted a little rant. They called me out on why I'm happy that Brock Lesnar is back. I figured I'd share it here.

I've got no problem with Brock because he's not wrestling for the title. Rocky is. The WWE complains that their young stars can't draw, but they aren't given the chance to because Rocky comes in and takes a spot from someone. If you want the big money match, that's fine. However, you could've booked it where Cena wants his rematch and that's it. When the WWF was fighting it out with the WCW for ratings, they gave Rock, HHH, Austin and HBK a chance to run with the ball. They didn't say, "Screw it, let's put some star from the 80s in for another crack." They say Punk, Ziggler and others can't draw, but they don't give them the chance. You could've had a solid program between Punk vs. Orton or Sheamus for the title.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

this just proves canada ain't all that bad...

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    *****http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1694/936fulltrishstratus.jpg******
    Trish Stratus

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

As far as the comparison to Hogan, I remember being 12 years old watching WrestleMania IX and seeing Hogan beat Yokozuna for the WWF World Title. I think my reaction was "Stupid Hogan! We want Bret Hart!" Not every kid is a dumb mark...some actually have taste. I bet there are kids in that crowd who hate Cena but love guys like Bryan, Rhodes, and Punk.

And they should do a special DVD of Cena's greatest promos. Included could be "JBL is poopy," "Y2-Cheap," and that one where he rambles about Damien Sandow's nipples.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X