Garden Geeks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Had a ground hog making holes near the garden. Not anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    😀
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      We have a family under our shed. Haven't figured out how to solve that. Shed is BIG. Can't move it. It has also settled so we can't get under it.
      Short term, try tossing a bunch of mothballs under the shed. Long term, wait until late summer and bury a fence down 12” around the shed. A pellet gun is easier and cheaper. 😀
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Garden Geeks thread

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Short term, try tossing a bunch of mothballs under the shed. Long term, wait until late summer and bury a fence down 12” around the shed. A pellet gun is easier and cheaper. 😀
        Better have a good pellet gun, tough sons of ........... Goose pinned him under a vehicle so I could get a point blank shot with a ..22 long rifle and it still took a couple.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Better have a good pellet gun, tough sons of ........... Goose pinned him under a vehicle so I could get a point blank shot with a ..22 long rifle and it still took a couple.
          I had a 1200 FPS one pump. Killed a couple in their tracks but one made it back under the shed and stunk it up after a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Short term, try tossing a bunch of mothballs under the shed. Long term, wait until late summer and bury a fence down 12” around the shed. A pellet gun is easier and cheaper. ��
            Mothballs- nope, didn't work.
            Pellet gun- lilnsl has been shooting them for the last several yrs. It doesn't work, they pop up. We would have to excavate the area around shed- there is a wood pile, french drain.
            Maybe a grenade!

Comment

LOve this time of year. Lowes puts a ton of Perennials on clearance simply because they don't bloom in this season. They are all healthy. 3$ each. OK. Works for me.
              And Mandevilla 2.50 a piece. And a Hibiscus 2.50. For the win.

Comment

So I'm up to about a gallon of harvested raspberries and black raspberries. Still have a lot to come. Normally we miss this with a vacation, but with everything so late due to the wet winter and spring, I'm getting them now. Oh, so nice.

Comment

Poppin’ our first Zucchini off tomorrow. So far, so good on those... no signs of squash bug larvae.

(touches wood)
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

Been driving on the coast the last week, I've seen a 4 petal flower on a 12 to 15 foot high tree. Most of them have been white but also saw an orange one. Not much to go on but what is it? It looks like an oriental dogwood but I assume that blooms in spring?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Made some popciles with just berries and Stevia. Nothing else. Totally awesome. And I have a LOT more berries to pick

Comment

So far raspberry pie.
                        Tomorrow Raspberry Clafoutis

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Been driving on the coast the last week, I've seen a 4 petal flower on a 12 to 15 foot high tree. Most of them have been white but also saw an orange one. Not much to go on but what is it? It looks like an oriental dogwood but I assume that blooms in spring?
                          Odd. I know you are too the north but shouldn't dogwoods be done now?

My Daylilies are spectacular right now. Insane show. All diff hybrids. My Uncle belongs to the Indiana Iris and Daylily org (don't know the name). Every yr they have a sale and some of the daylilies don't get sold or lose their tags, etc. He sends them to me. Starting to mature and spread. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Odd. I know you are too the north but shouldn't dogwoods be done now?

My Daylilies are spectacular right now. Insane show. All diff hybrids. My Uncle belongs to the Indiana Iris and Daylily org (don't know the name). Every yr they have a sale and some of the daylilies don't get sold or lose their tags, etc. He sends them to me. Starting to mature and spread. Wow!
                            Ours are insane also. We only have orange in our garden and our neighbor has a beautiful orange and red combo, but when we were at my parents' place last weekend, my dad has 100s of daylillies in a ton of colors and it was gorgeous. It's such a haven there (my dad's plan was to plant as much as possible around a giant house on their small plot so he would never have to mow when he retired -- mission pretty much accomplished).

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              Ours are insane also. We only have orange in our garden and our neighbor has a beautiful orange and red combo, but when we were at my parents' place last weekend, my dad has 100s of daylillies in a ton of colors and it was gorgeous. It's such a haven there (my dad's plan was to plant as much as possible around a giant house on their small plot so he would never have to mow when he retired -- mission pretty much accomplished).
                              You are always welcome to come shopping in my garden. I have some really cool double/tripple melon colored ones with a sort of reddish throat. They are really pretty. And prolific

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                You are always welcome to come shopping in my garden. I have some really cool double/tripple melon colored ones with a sort of reddish throat. They are really pretty. And prolific
                                I think that will be next year's plan. I am awaiting permission to dig up the death bush in my backyard plot (I'm not sure if I need permission from the Condo Association, but I figure better to ask permission in this case). I will probably enrich the soil and then plant in that bed next year. Whatever bush is there now is gross - it's growing like crazy (I didn't prune it last year because I didn't know how). It has tiny yellow flowers that have all bloomed and died and the dead blooms smell like rot. I aggressively cut it back already, but I'd like to just dig it out at the roots and start fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X