Clear All

• World Soccer XXI: Don't Tread on the Red, White, and Blue

continue.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: World Soccer XXI: Don't Tread on the Red, White, and Blue

Great quote from Abby Wambach:

"This is what this country is all about."
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Great quote from Abby Wambach:

"This is what this country is all about."
      Doing things at the last second?

Comment

Oh, why not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Doing things at the last second?
          Lol

So umm I like hope solo on a couple levels

Very impressed by rapinoe's aerial service

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Lol

So umm I like hope solo on a couple levels

Very impressed by rapinoe's aerial service
            Hope Solo looks like Liv Tyler, but with talent.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Just watching the replays on ESPN...who made the call that the PK had to retaken, and when did they call it? The lineswoman is even with the goal line and her flag stayed down and there was no reaction from the referee. The ball is cleared and the Americans celebrate, and still no reaction from the referee and the lineswoman backpedals to the corner. Who made the call? When did they make the call? For that matter, what was the call?

Comment

It's a testament to how well they played that I keep forgetting they were down to 10 for the last 55 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Just watching the replays on ESPN...who made the call that the PK had to retaken, and when did they call it? The lineswoman is even with the goal line and her flag stayed down and there was no reaction from the referee. The ball is cleared and the Americans celebrate, and still no reaction from the referee and the lineswoman backpedals to the corner. Who made the call? When did they make the call? For that matter, what was the call?
                  Hope moved before the ball was kicked, made by another ref(asst) away from the net. The 2nd Brazil goal was offsides also
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    An American defender left the line early so they carded that player and blamed it on the goaltender.

Jacqui Merksham was the official and she was attrocious. Good news though: Her awful I mean epic play is going to get her some attention when FIFA staffs the Men's World Cup. She seems to enjoy making **** poor calls just like the men's refs do.

FIFA is the problem folks. They have no idea how to keep their officials accountable and haven't the foggiest on how to assess worthiness to officiate global events such as the World Cup.

As for Brazil.... I was almost impressed with them until they started diving and Merkshem started calling the US for it. That Ericka (#13 on Brazil) is a wonderful person. Rolls around on the grass for a while, carted off the field on a stretcher and then pops up, runs around the perimeter a little bit and back in the game she comes! Marta dove a few times. In fact, IIRC, she was rolling on the grass when the US started the drive down the field that yielded the tying goal.

It's a shame, but not too surprising, as to why so many Americans have such a low opinion of professional soccer. They don't play the game the way it is meant to be played, they have even more suspect officials than hockey does (that's saying something), and they glorify the dive.

Very sad for the sport.

However, good for Team USA to overcome. Too bad no Chastain moment!
                    Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Hope moved before the ball was kicked, made by another ref(asst) away from the net. The 2nd Brazil goal was offsides also
                      She can move laterally before the ball is kicked, which she did. The call was against the person who entered the box early. It didn't have an effect on the play at all because the player never played the ball, but it is in the rule book. Very ticky tack. The problem is though, who called it? The assistant didn't other wise the flag would have been raised, the main ref didn't other wise she would have blown the play dead as soon as the ball left the box.

Comment

Now onto the best rivalry in the MLS: Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders on ESPN!
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          She can move laterally before the ball is kicked, which she did. The call was against the person who entered the box early. It didn't have an effect on the play at all because the player never played the ball, but it is in the rule book. Very ticky tack. The problem is though, who called it? The assistant didn't other wise the flag would have been raised, the main ref didn't other wise she would have blown the play dead as soon as the ball left the box.
                          Better explanation then the announcers gave, I shouldn't be shocked
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I have no problem calling out others for diving, but we have to admit wambach does her share of it

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Now onto the best rivalry in the MLS: Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders on ESPN!
                              I can't believe how great it is to watch the fans of these teams root for their teams. This year in the MLS it has seemed the supporters sections have really upped their game (save the Revs, but that's another story). The natural MLS rival for Seattle makes the Western Conference quite a bit more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X