Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I own a Pixel 5 and am pleased.
    I've got a 4A and it works for me.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      This is why I hate this crap...

I have Contacts turned on under my iCloud settings. I assume that means that my contacts are saved.

But when I pull it up on iCloud, it only shows about 1/4 of my contacts, and ZERO phone numbers saved. The people that are saved are just names and addresses. No phone numbers...

Ugh. FML =(
      So…there are other settings, too. Do you backup wirelessly or only when you dock your phone with your pc, assuming you’re old and still have one. Like me.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Considering the prices of PC parts right now, it’s definitely not an olds thing.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

So…there are other settings, too. Do you backup wirelessly or only when you dock your phone with your pc, assuming you’re old and still have one. Like me.
          I don't dock my phone with a PC...

I thought I had everything set to auto-backup to iCloud, but apparently not. I honestly don't understand any of this stuff. I just do whatever settings come stock and leave it at that because I don't know my *** from a hole in the ground here. It seems all my pictures/video save. So I really have no idea why my contacts don't...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I’m happy with my iPhone XS, but I have low standards:

- get me to USCHO
            - let me gmail, Google maps/Waze, and podcasts
            - take snapshots so I can record memories for myself and also take pictures of hard to see things for zooming (eg get the serial number off the back of my dishwasher)
            - battery that lasts >1 day of my usage so it can charge overnight
            ​​​​​​- make phone calls
            - flashlight

Anything more than that and I probably won’t bother learning how to use it so what’s the point?
            Honestly that's all I want too. I also have to text my daughter because she hates phone calls.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I don't dock my phone with a PC...

I thought I had everything set to auto-backup to iCloud, but apparently not. I honestly don't understand any of this stuff. I just do whatever settings come stock and leave it at that because I don't know my *** from a hole in the ground here. It seems all my pictures/video save. So I really have no idea why my contacts don't...
              Go into Settings, click on your profile listed at the top- maybe you’ve added a profile pic. Directly below your name it will read “Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases”. Click that, then you might want to wait a minute for the phone to update/load info. Click on iCloud. In that menu you will see a list of toggles of what you’re saving to your iCloud account. If the toggle is green, you’re backing it up to your iCloud. If it’s not, it’s entirely stored on your phone.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• I’ll get a 15pro but haven’t decided on the color yet…

Comment

• Originally posted by BirdPiano View Post
                  I’ll get a 15pro but haven’t decided on the color yet…
                  Pentium Pro? Isn't that a little old and just a single color?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Iphone 15 Pro can be pre ordered in two colors now and black is one of them.
                    As for me, i prefer bright colors and at the moment checking website with the use phones.
                    With the little kids at home i really don't see a point to buy a completely new thing, which gonna fall and break anyway.
                    Last edited by anygreen; 09-22-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anygreen View Post
                      Iphone 15 Pro can be pre ordered in two colors now and black is one of them
                      That’s racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Pentium Pro? Isn't that a little old and just a single color?
                        It’s all about the Pentiums, Baby!

https://youtu.be/qpMvS1Q1sos?si=K_M6y3E0v7l4r6i8

Comment

• I think my S10+ is quietly dying on me. Callers say I sound distant and muffled no matter what I do unless I am on speakerphone or Bluetooth to my vehicle.

I'm cheap and really don't want to pay the prices Samsung still wants for slightly older models (why is the S22 going for the same price as the S23?), and I'm not really thrilled that I'm going to have to give up a headphone port, sd expansion card, AND Samsung Pay (the magnetic kind that works *everywhere* not the NFC bull**** like Apple Pay or Google Pay) just to "upgrade." Because those are serious downgrades IMO.

I think it's just because it's the holidays and I don't want to spend the money on myself.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            I think my S10+ is quietly dying on me. Callers say I sound distant and muffled no matter what I do unless I am on speakerphone or Bluetooth to my vehicle.

I'm cheap and really don't want to pay the prices Samsung still wants for slightly older models (why is the S22 going for the same price as the S23?), and I'm not really thrilled that I'm going to have to give up a headphone port, sd expansion card, AND Samsung Pay (the magnetic kind that works *everywhere* not the NFC bull**** like Apple Pay or Google Pay) just to "upgrade." Because those are serious downgrades IMO.

I think it's just because it's the holidays and I don't want to spend the money on myself.
                            I found thee same thing, not sure why a 22 would be the same price as 23 except its Christmas and folks are buying phones? My wifes 10 has a cracked screen so I ended up buying an unlocked 23.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              I think my S10+ is quietly dying on me. Callers say I sound distant and muffled no matter what I do unless I am on speakerphone or Bluetooth to my vehicle.

The NFC works great. I can't honestly think of anything I'd upgrade about it. It works better than my damn credit card.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The NFC works great. I can't honestly think of anything I'd upgrade about it. It works better than my damn credit card.
                                It looks terrifying to me. "I'll leave a hole in the wall of my house, and then put a bead curtain over it for security."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X