This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

The stupid parents vs. "old school" punishment: The difference is that things can die if they're in a washing machine that turns on and you can't shut off.

No one ever died from having one bar of soap in their mouth or a whack on the rump from a belt.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      The difference is that things can die if they're in a washing machine that turns on and you can't shut off.

No one ever died from having one bar of soap in their mouth or a whack on the rump from a belt.
      ****, I thought that the conversation had changed over to insulting the dune coons, and now we're back to figuring out the best way to abuse children. This conversation moves so fast!
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        ****, I thought that the conversation had changed over to insulting the dune coons, and now we're back to figuring out the best way to abuse children. This conversation moves so fast!
        Honestly, I got to the end of the last page and thought that was the last comment (didn't notice the thread went to another page).

I had already posted by the time I realized that we had moved on from it. Whoops.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Honestly, I got to the end of the last page and thought that was the last comment (didn't notice the thread went to another page).

I had already posted by the time I realized that we had moved on from it. Whoops.
          Just giving you some ****. No worries.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The stupid parents vs. "old school" punishment: The difference is that things can die if they're in a washing machine that turns on and you can't shut off.

While that's certainly true. It's also true that we've moved away from corporal punishment, especially for teenagers. Some years ago in Omaha a 14 or 15 year old went ape and killed his mother and (IIRC) shot his little sister. And in the Omaha World Herald an article described his father's "assortment of paddles," and the other indignities the boy was subjected to, evidently every day. Not that any of that justifies matricide. But "assortment of paddles?" Are you sh*ttin' me herm?
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              GI who served a couple of tours in Iraq is p*ssed Virginia won't issue a vanity plate with wording that could be insulting to arabs. He's got a lawyer. And is claiming First Amendment. That would be true if we were talking about a bumper sticker. Virginia has a responsibility to maintain some standards here. The guy has no case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21...-offensive-to/
              Maybe he's just a Johnny Quest fan.

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Where do we find such people? Michigan principal declares seniors' bike ride (accompanied by police and at least one local mayor) a "prank," goes ape sh*t and threatens their participation in graduation.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...ills-bike-ride
                Last edited by Old Pio; 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Where do we find such people? Michigan principal declares seniors' bike ride (accompanied by police and at least one local mayor) a "prank," goes ape sh*t and threatens their participation in graduation.

Yeah, just saw that on my facebook and was going to post that. I think the principle has a large wooden stick up her posterior and should chill the hell out. The Mayor bought them donuts and they had the Cops with them. The freakin' Po-po's!! How in the hell anything involving the cops be that harmful of a freaking prank??
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I've always wanted one of those seniors who get punished that way to crash graduation anyway. Jump in the line, announce their own name, walk across the stage, shake the principal's hand, get the sheepskin, whole nine yards.

"What are you going to do about it? Suspend me?"
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      I've always wanted one of those seniors who get punished that way to crash graduation anyway. Jump in the line, announce their own name, walk across the stage, shake the principal's hand, get the sheepskin, whole nine yards.

"What are you going to do about it? Suspend me?"
                      That or save the prank for right after they hand you the sheepskin. Rip off the robe and be naked, or rig up a bunch of boxes up in the rafters to drop superballs perhaps.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Stab, just to make sure it locks.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                        X