Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 2011

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Nice Planet 2011

    Do you think it scared the kid as much as the parents?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

    And stay off the lawn!

    Comment


    • Re: Nice Planet 2011

      Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      Do you think it scared the kid as much as the parents?
      The real question is: Were the parents scared for the kid or what would happen to them if he died?

      I lean towards the latter based on the act itself. No one who is thinking of their child's welfare would put the child in a washing machine.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: Nice Planet 2011

        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        The real question is: Were the parents scared for the kid or what would happen to them if he died?

        I lean towards the latter based on the act itself. No one who is thinking of their child's welfare would put the child in a washing machine.
        I must be getting old. We lived in a normal suburb. People did this kind of thing all the time when I was a kid. They washed mouths out with soap, used hot sauce, spanked, used a belt, a wooden spoon, a metal spoon, a switch, a shoe, took away supper, locked kids in their room and no one even blinked. The usual response from a neighbor was "that'll teach em" with a chuckle. The only thing that wasn't acceptable was slapping in the face. When you think of the other stuff in retrospect that is odd but the truth.

        Disclaimer- I didn't watch the vid and I don't think it is a good idea. It just struck me how much the world has changed. My whole neighborhood would have been in foster care.

        Comment


        • Re: Nice Planet 2011

          Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I must be getting old. We lived in a normal suburb. People did this kind of thing all the time when I was a kid. They washed mouths out with soap, used hot sauce, spanked, used a belt, a wooden spoon, a metal spoon, a switch, a shoe, took away supper, locked kids in their room and no one even blinked. The usual response from a neighbor was "that'll teach em" with a chuckle. The only thing that wasn't acceptable was slapping in the face. When you think of the other stuff in retrospect that is odd but the truth.

          Disclaimer- I didn't watch the vid and I don't think it is a good idea. It just struck me how much the world has changed. My whole neighborhood would have been in foster care.
          I'd have to say putting a kid in a running washer/dryer is a little different than soap in the mouth.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • Re: Nice Planet 2011

            Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            I'd have to say putting a kid in a running washer/dryer is a little different than soap in the mouth.
            Didn't say I would agree but vigilante type punishment was just not anything odd. If you bit your mother she bit you. If you did something stupid with whatever you werent supposed to touch it wouldn't surprise anyone if your parent did something creative with said thing to inflict punishment. Different world. Of course they didn't have dryers that locked.

            Comment


            • Re: Nice Planet 2011

              Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I'd have to say putting a kid in a running washer/dryer is a little different than soap in the mouth.
              It wasn't running.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

              And stay off the lawn!

              Comment


              • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                THEY PUT THE KID IN THE EFFIn DRYER AND IT WENT INTO THE SPIN CYCLE!!!!! This is not normal and never has been normal. If you don't have a problem with this, you aren't fit to be a parent. I'm sorry, I have to say it.

                Spanking, spoons, whatever. Those are great. THIS COULD HAVE KILLED THE KID!
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                  Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  It wasn't running.
                  Looks like it was running to me. Which is why they were so panicked and had to pull the plug.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    THEY PUT THE KID IN THE EFFIn DRYER AND IT WENT INTO THE SPIN CYCLE!!!!! This is not normal and never has been normal. If you don't have a problem with this, you aren't fit to be a parent. I'm sorry, I have to say it.

                    Spanking, spoons, whatever. Those are great. THIS COULD HAVE KILLED THE KID!
                    This. I also grew up with the wooden spoon, spanking, switches (willow tree branches freshly cut), etc. This is wayyyyyy different.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                    Comment


                    • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Looks like it was running to me. Which is why they were so panicked and had to pull the plug.
                      They could have just stuck the kid's hand in the disposal, it wasn't running, either.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                        Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        They could have just stuck the kid's hand in the disposal, it wasn't running, either.
                        I prefer the hot stovetop, burns are much easier to explain to child protective services.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                        RIP - Kirby

                        Comment


                        • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                          GI who served a couple of tours in Iraq is p*ssed Virginia won't issue a vanity plate with wording that could be insulting to arabs. He's got a lawyer. And is claiming First Amendment. That would be true if we were talking about a bumper sticker. Virginia has a responsibility to maintain some standards here. The guy has no case.

                          http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21...-offensive-to/
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                            Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            GI who served a couple of tours in Iraq is p*ssed Virginia won't issue a vanity plate with wording that could be insulting to arabs. He's got a lawyer. And is claiming First Amendment. That would be true if we were talking about a bumper sticker. Virginia has a responsibility to maintain some standards here. The guy has no case.

                            http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21...-offensive-to/
                            I wonder if someone intentionally rear-ending him because of his publicly exposed bigotry would ALSO be considered free speech.

                            Edit: Dam you OP. That article promised to have some of the most entertaining reader comments, but I see nothing. I want to read the completely inane and totally offensive bickering that is bound to go on after this beautiful piece of work.
                            Last edited by duper; 05-21-2012, 08:21 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                              Originally posted by duper View Post
                              I wonder if someone intentionally rear-ending him because of his publicly exposed bigotry would ALSO be considered free speech.

                              Edit: Dam you OP. That article promised to have some of the most entertaining reader comments, but I see nothing. I want to read the completely inane and totally offensive bickering that is bound to go on after this beautiful piece of work.
                              Virginia may have more vanity plates than any other state (at least per capita) because the rates are so low. When I lived there, my plate was DENVER U. This is not one of those "the homeowner's association won't let my fly my POW/MIA flag." This is a state which has some responsibility to monitor that stuff, especially when you realize there are smart guys trying to slip one by the old ladies with the hairnets every day.

                              You may not recall that many (most?) of the 9/11 killers had acquired Virginia state ID's. They took advantage of a policy which allowed me to "vouch" for you on a form. Naturally, a small business developed of people "vouching" for others (for money) whom they did not know (not that they'd give a sh*t anyway). In the wake of 9/11 a mortified state of Virginia closed that loophole toute sweet.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Nice Planet 2011

                                I am 100% in favor of insulting arabs, but I agree, the state shouldn't allow it on the license plate. Plus, you can get much more detail when you're not limited to 7 digits/letters.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                                RIP - Kirby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X