X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    As I understand it, the motivation of the thugs in the Shepherd case is open to disucssion.
    One of there few attempts at defending themselves was "gay panic" up until they admitted that they did it because he was gay along with girlfriends. The only people who question the motivation are ****** bags like you, who want to act like someone beaten so badly that doctors won't attempt to save them was just a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      One of there few attempts at defending themselves was "gay panic" up until they admitted that they did it because he was gay along with girlfriends. The only people who question the motivation are ****** bags like you, who want to act like someone beaten so badly that doctors won't attempt to save them was just a robbery.
      You're a contemptible cur. And a liar. With the intellectual curiosity of a wheelbarrow full of horsesh*t.
      You're like the high priest of some ancient religion, condemning to death anyone who would question or even think that there may be another explanation. Only you would smear me as implicitly wanting to ameliorate the guilt of those killers. I assume you must feel the same way about ABC News, they're notoriously anti-gay too, right? Whether you like it or not, at least one major news organization has come to a different conclusion about the motivation for Shepherd's death. Are they right? Who knows? However, in your world, the mere mention of the fact that questions have been raised is enough to generate the cheapest of cheap shots. The narrative of Matthew Shepherd as the victim of "homophobia" is more important than anything. Including decency. And truth.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=277685&page=1
      Last edited by Old Pio; 09-05-2011, 05:57 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Wow, this thread has disintegrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I think "hate crimes" get attention for reasons that pedophiles do - is there something in the offender that predisposes them to this type of crime more than an offender of a simple robbery or "spur of the moment" offense? We throw the book at pedophiles because it's likely the psychological makeup of the criminal suggests they'll do it again and therefore they see more time than another offender that targets adults? Isn't it logical to suggest that someone "predisposed" to targeting _______ group has a similarly dangerous pysche?

Before anyone jumps my train my mind is not made up, but I think the concept itself is worthy of intelligent discourse.
          Hate crimes usually come up because the rest of the slate of punishments have been lowered across the board... so when something especially heinous comes around without it you won't be able to assert nearly as much punishment. This would harm/split the Dems special-interest driven politics... in this case you would be pitting the part of the left which sympathizes with the poor downtrodden criminal versus the particular ethno/racial/gender group. Thus you need hate crime statutes in order not to lose those groups.

What we really need as a modifier is malice/evil. Malice should be an aggravating factor as it contains all the groups which would fall under hate statutes plus a few more.

Really, the whole point of a hate statute is to exact revenge punishment that would otherwise not occur. Its more for the feelings of society and the levying of a threat to discourage action against the particular group. In the latter sense it is somewhat moral. We do want to discourage incredibly awful anti-social behavior. At the same time, however, we ignore other brands of incredibly awful anti-social behavior because it doesn't occur to a person of the right status.

In America a man's status should not matter. What should only matter is the crime and the malice. If you are looking to punish the malice then go for it. The only thing a hate crime law does is that it takes the judgement of malice out of the hands of the judge and jury... but at the same time it painfully restricts the possibilities to a defined victim class... if you assume the judge and jury are composed of dimwitted socially-backward people then I can understand why one would see the imposition of a hate crime statute as a plus. Of course, in this the idea is still intellectually bankrupt. It isn't a charge against hate itself. Its a charge against violating a protected group. In the end, its not identity blind. So, yes, you've stopped the mouth-breathing heathens... but in doing so you've failed to punish a different brand of reprobates.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

You're a contemptible cur. And a liar. With the intellectual curiosity of a wheelbarrow full of horsesh*t.
            You're like the high priest of some ancient religion, condemning to death anyone who would question or even think that there may be another explanation.
            So I'm the catholic church?

Only you would smear me as implicitly wanting to ameliorate the guilt of those killers. I assume you must feel the same way about ABC News, they're notoriously anti-gay too, right? Whether you like it or not, at least one major news organization has come to a different conclusion about the motivation for Shepherd's death. Are they right? Who knows? However, in your world, the mere mention of the fact that questions have been raised is enough to generate the cheapest of cheap shots. The narrative of Matthew Shepherd as the victim of "homophobia" is more important than anything. Including decency. And truth.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=277685&page=1
            At this point there's no other conclusion than you siding with the killers. Same with ABC for that piece actually and here's some of the reasons why.

http://www.glaad.org/matthewshepard2020
            • There is no discussion of the details of Aaron McKinney's confession to the police, where anti-gay bias is central to his characterization of the events of Oct. 6, 1998. Nor is there any mention of Rob DeBree, the investigator who took that statement and was one of the key witnesses as to the investigation and the confession at McKinney’s trial.

No mention of the plea bargain that spared McKinney's life, nor any mention of Judy and Dennis Shepard's role in that. And no mention of the provision of that plea bargain where McKinney and his attorneys agreed not to speak to the press about this case.

No mention of the more than 200 interviews over two years conducted by Mois├ęs Kaufman and the Tectonic Theater Project for The Laramie Project -- nor the fact that some of the accounts offered 20/20 conflict with those offered Kaufman.
            You're the kind of ignorant sycophant that deserves to have cosmetics tested on them.

Edit, some more of what Takei thinks of you.
            Last edited by Foxton; 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
              So I'm the catholic church?

At this point there's no other conclusion than you siding with the killers. Same with ABC for that piece actually and here's some of the reasons why.

http://www.glaad.org/matthewshepard2020

You're the kind of ignorant sycophant that deserves to have cosmetics tested on them.
              Yup, and GLAAD certainly has no dog in this hunt. Just for the record you lying, cowardly, cur, those two animals should have been put to death. Why don't you find another simpering no talent nancy boy to quote here?

Comment

Yup, and GLAAD certainly has no dog in this hunt. Just for the record you lying, cowardly, cur, those two animals should have been put to death. Why don't you find another simpering no talent nancy boy to quote here?
                Your rebuttal to their points on why the ABC piece was crap was thoroughly enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  That's what happens when an angry old man with too much rage gets trolled so bad that the troll has to fill out a change of address form because they're residing permanently in the angry old man's head.
                  Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                    That's what happens when an angry old man with too much rage gets trolled so bad that the troll has to fill out a change of address form because they're residing permanently in the angry old man's head.
                    Seriously, please explain why *******s always beg the question and call anyone who disagrees with them "angry?" Or is that just part of the ******* cant? As to the lying, cowardly, cur: I'm not angry at him.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-05-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

It's dark, there's lots of empty space, and Brian Blessed is dressed up in an orangutan suit.

Comment

You must spread...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Not that its ever really had much value, but now.... ick.....

Pretty much. Foxy is under Pio's skin like a bad case of poison ivy. And Pio's the sort of guy that would argue that point to the death saying he's not, which just only further proves the point.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Second prize in the Casey Anthony Book Deal Sweepstakes: her ex.

I'm gonna write a book about the Casey Anthony trial too. Everyone else is making a buck off it, so why can't I?
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

With all of the sleaze and corruption we've read about this off season, it's reassuring to know that there are some good guys out there playing college football. The filth at Miami, LSU, Ohio State and all the rest shouldn't blind us to the fact that most of these kids are good citizens.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...est=latestnews

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                With all of the sleaze and corruption we've read about this off season, it's reassuring to know that there are some good guys out there playing college football. The filth at Miami, LSU, Ohio State and all the rest shouldn't blind us to the fact that most of these kids are good citizens.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...est=latestnews
                                And thank God they turned down the money. The NCAA might have suspended them for a game or two.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X