X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    To play Devils' Advocate, how is what they are doing that much different from the stockyards here in the US?

For the record, I love my corn-fed, methodically-fattened beef as much as the next average American.
    What I just read in that article is in no way similar to normal practice in any farm I've ever seen. They are actively inflicting pain on the animals, which is absolutely unacceptable.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      What I just read in that article is in no way similar to normal practice in any farm I've ever seen. They are actively inflicting pain on the animals, which is absolutely unacceptable.
      And it's day after day as well. Beef cattle only feel the bolt to the head once. And most dairy cows find it enjoyable to get milked twice a day. And most of the higher end operations take several steps to reduce the overall stress the animals have to endure. Those bears had to be locked up so they can't even kill themselves.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        And it's day after day as well. Beef cattle only feel the bolt to the head once. And most dairy cows find it enjoyable to get milked twice a day. And most of the higher end operations take several steps to reduce the overall stress the animals have to endure. Those bears had to be locked up so they can't even kill themselves.
        Cows HAVE to be milked every few days. Very painful otherwise.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The only thing that could come close would be veal and foie gras production. However, some areas are banning foie gras from being sold. And at least those two operations still produce food.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Cows HAVE to be milked every few days. Very painful otherwise.
            Cows have to be milked once a day at the very minimum, twice a day is normal, large operations have moved to a 3 per day schedule. It is in the best interest of the farmer to have the animals as comfortable as possible. Cows that are comfortable, healthy and living in a low stress environment produce more milk for longer. Steers that live in those same good conditions grow faster on less feed, while producing a higher quality meat. It would be stupid, economically irresponsible and most importantly simply cruel to the animals to have living conditions that don't give the animals a comfortable life.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is why I like you, Alaska.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

To play Devils' Advocate, how is what they are doing that much different from the stockyards here in the US?
                Are you serious? Take a look at a few of the pictures posted under that article and tell me what American stockyard that looks like. I'm sick to my stomach after reading that and looking at a few pictures.

Comment

I'm reluctant to post this. La. father kills and decapitates his 7 year old handicapped son. Then puts the head out on a road so the boy's mother can see it. This depraved POS needs killing, now, today.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/15...est=latestnews
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Brent, get that small caliber!
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-swept-ov...113607048.html

The department said it was working with the Japanese consulate general to notify the victim's family. Her name was being withheld pending the notification, and police did not say which country she was from.
                      I'm going to go out on a limb and say she was from Japan.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        I'm reluctant to post this. La. father kills and decapitates his 7 year old handicapped son. Then puts the head out on a road so the boy's mother can see it. This depraved POS needs killing, now, today.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/15...est=latestnews
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Brent, get that small caliber!
                          I don't even want to read the article to get the full story. That disgusting. For this guy, I think I'd also want to take a nailgun and attach his own limbs to his own torso. Then pry the limbs away with a crowbar.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            I don't know, maybe they can find him a nice ice flow somewhere out in the middle of the bering sea. He won't get his *** beat 3 times a day then.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Lethal injection is way too kind for that POS.

Comment

Lethal injection is way too kind for that POS.
                                The late Robin Harris (who left us far too soon) had a hilarious take on capital punishment. The first time I saw this, I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. "Gotta go. Gotta go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TFv2...eature=related
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 08-16-2011, 01:32 AM.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X