X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Marketing, man. Gotta have the impromptu instance, then a later "gossip show" or something that features this "CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!" And slo-mo replays for the next oh, 5-7 days. And then all the news (*cough, ha ha ha*) stations analyze it, and keep showing the replays because "we want you to see it to form your own opinion; for those who may find this graphic, please turn away," etc etc.
    We could get that lady from TMZ to host. You know, the one with the shoulder length hair and the very deep voice.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      A small bullet for every joint in their bodies (this includes knuckles and toes). Let them heal in the hospital. I don't mind paying for that. And then repeat. Keep repeating, until they give up and die, or off themselves.
      I would think that it would be dang hard to get bullets small enough that one could shoot them into a toe without just blowing the toe off of the foot. To me, I think it would be a lot more cost effective to just use a cheap cordless drill and some small drill bits to drill holes into somebody's joints. Something like a 1/8 inch bit for the fingers, toes, wrists, ankles, and a few select spots up the vertebral column. The bigger joints get a 1/4 inch bit. And the bonus of the drill?? It would take longer to drill the holes.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        I would think that it would be dang hard to get bullets small enough that one could shoot them into a toe without just blowing the toe off of the foot. To me, I think it would be a lot more cost effective to just use a cheap cordless drill and some small drill bits to drill holes into somebody's joints. Something like a 1/8 inch bit for the fingers, toes, wrists, ankles, and a few select spots up the vertebral column. The bigger joints get a 1/4 inch bit. And the bonus of the drill?? It would take longer to drill the holes.
        It's called a .22 or even a BB gun for the little toe, for example. Damage isn't important. Pain is.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's been a while since we've heard from the uber moonbat Cynthia McKinney. But she's still out there. Still working to become the Jane Fonda or Ramsey Clark of her generation. How I wish that capitol hill cop she assaulted had knocked her on her fat a*s. Recall after her first reelection loss her father helpfully answered reporters questions as to why: "J-E-W-S." She is a boil on the backside of humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPIuD...layer_embedded
          Last edited by Old Pio; 07-31-2011, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I'm very sympathetic to the old veteran whose flag was torched. But his service, and our gratitude for it, does not trump proper flag etiquette. His flag should be destroyed according to protocol and replaced. Perhaps the VFW could step in and buy the old man a new one. It's not relevant to proper display of the flag, but the flag in question is of no historical value--hadn't been raised over Iwo Jima, for instance. Somebody should gently tell the old boy to retire his flag.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01...est=latestnews

Remember the guy who was flying a totally shredded flag which he said he was doing to honor his marine son who was serving in Iraq. He said he was going to keep displaying the flag in that condition because he promised his son he would, until the young man came home. He was wrong, too.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 08-02-2011, 02:11 AM.

Comment

nice. Girl saves baby bird, mom faces fine and jail time.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• I bet some bureaucrat is really proud he sent that into the family....
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Pretty disgusting journalism.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Pretty disgusting journalism.

That's not journalism. It's local TV news. They only occasionally intersect. This happened even though the CBS affiliate in Chicago is what's called an O and O, meaning owned and operated by the network. You would expect a higher standard. To begin with, why would anybody interview a 4 year old? That should only be done when the child has something very specific to add to the story, which was not the case here. Then to edit the child's remarks in a way that gives them an entirely different meaning is inexcusable. And then you give your airhead anchor a script which talks about the "disturbing" remarks made by the kid. That's the bad reporting equivalent of hitting for the cycle.

Chicago's been having a lot of gang type violence lately, I guess the folks at channel 2 were just trying to shape public opinion on the issue, which is NOT THEIR JOB. Everyone involved in preparing this story should be fired. These people all work for the network that tried to get John Kerry elected by putting forged documents on the air, and when caught, said it didn't matter. Well, it matters. Editing anyone's comments about anything to change their meaning is always wrong. CBS has a long history of this. They did it to General Westmoreland years ago and he took 'em to court. On another occasion, CBS showed the body of a Latino infant which they said had died of malnutrition. Only he hadn't. He was the son of a prominent young Latino doctor in San Antonio and his death was unrelated to malnutrition. In its defense CBS said, well, kids do die of malnutrition. Very well, find one that did and film his corpse. Trust me, the ABC and NBC O & O's in Chicago will be on this like white on rice.

You have to understand, some of these people are just stupid. In the 80's a TV station in Houston brought in a new female anchor from New York with huge fanfare. A very lovely, polished professional person with dark skin, whom they thought was African American. Can you figure out how this one ended? She left town, with a boxcar full of the staton's money, after they fired her, essentially for not being black. How I would have loved to be in on the management meetings. "She's whattttt?"
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-03-2011, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Speaking of "journalism," run off Olbermann and replace him with this guy. Yeah, that'll work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AC5...layer_embedded

Comment

I suppose there are circumstances that could justify or even explain this savage, fatal police beatdown of an unarmed homeless guy in Fullerton, CA. But I'm hard pressed to figure our what they might be. His last words were calling for his dad. Note: if you haven't seen the photos of the victim, prepare yourself.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/29/ho...es-after-being
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 08-04-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Another ******* dedicated to the concept of "freedom of speech." This lightweight state legislator throwing his weight around in a college bookstore, censoring candy.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/au...ty-of-targets/
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 08-04-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Dumba55:
                            http://www.kjonline.com/news/Carthag...nd-killed.html
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              This is not an unknown phenomenon for drunks. Here in Arizona Indians on the res sometimes lie down and go to sleep on the pavement, which retains heat from the day. They never know what hit them. This is almost certainly what happened here.

Comment

sex with cats:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110805/NEWS97/110809892

Comment

Working...
                                X