X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The definition of first-degree murder is pretty strict. If she were on trial for manslaughter, I think they might've convicted her.
    Or even 2nd degree murder might have worked. And even looking at it now, even if she did kill her daughter, I'm not sure if I'd classify it as 1st degree. How did they try to prove that it was pre-meditated? (I didn't follow the trial)
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Or even 2nd degree murder might have worked. And even looking at it now, even if she did kill her daughter, I'm not sure if I'd classify it as 1st degree. How did they try to prove that it was pre-meditated? (I didn't follow the trial)
      The prosecution's story was that she deliberately knocked her daughter out with chloroform, then duct-taped her mouth so that she suffocated to death, however I don't believe that suffocation was ever proven as the COD.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The prosecution's story was that she deliberately knocked her daughter out with chloroform, then duct-taped her mouth so that she suffocated to death, however I don't believe that suffocation was ever proven as the COD.
        Ok, that would be 1st degree, as buying chloroform would indicate pre-meditation, but to go with that story without a COD or other supporting evidence that can't be torn apart by the defense was just asinine.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          You could be right. Either way, it's a horrible miscarriage of justice. And the fact remains, with clever lawyering, you can manufacture "reasonable doubt" in the minds of credulous people.
          Bah. Manufacture? Really? The prosecution over charged and got caught. The evidene in the case was not only circumstancial but sparse.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Bah. Manufacture? Really? The prosecution over charged and got caught. The evidene in the case was not only circumstancial but sparse.
            You and Zanny and those twelve dumbells on the jury evidently agree.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Shhh, burden of proof isn't required when it's so obvious.

Incompetant prosecution shooting to get a home run for the loss.

Comment

I agree that the prosecution screwed the pooch here. I also believe that there is a big difference between "not guilty" and "innocent", even though our justice system does not.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                  Shhh, burden of proof isn't required when it's so obvious.

Incompetant prosecution shooting to get a home run for the loss.

So you're a prosecutor, too? All of you "experts" yammering about how that psychopathic little b*tch was "over charged" are ignoring that one of the lesser included charges was manslaughter. Right? Typical, reflexive anti -authoritarianism.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

So you're a prosecutor, too? All of you "experts" yammering about how that psychopathic little b*tch was "over charged" are ignoring that one of the lesser included charges was manslaughter. Right? Typical, reflexive anti -authoritarianism.
                    I can't even laugh at your outbursts anymore they're so sad.

Comment

You're not supposed to laugh. You're supposed to reorder your pathetic priorities.

Comment

You're not supposed to laugh. You're supposed to reorder your pathetic priorities.
                        I'm not good with goose step.

Comment

I'm not good with goose step.
                          Typical. "One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you."

Comment

Hit the ignore button dear. Then none of the rest of us will have to read the quoted stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Hit the ignore button dear. Then none of the rest of us will have to read the quoted stuff.
                              Misery loves company though.

Comment

Misery loves company though.
                                then don't reply with quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X