This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

"I swear officer, I didn't notice it when the guy's body, missing a leg, came crashing through my windshield and landed in the seat next to me."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7630000.html
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

As if we needed proof, some people have no shame.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

You almost feel sorry for Cy Vance. After numerous big cases blew up in his face, he finally gets the headline grabber he's been needing. And the defendant is the head of the IMF and a Frenchman, no less. And his complaining witness is a hard working immigrant from Africa, sexually assaulted by a rich guy (does this sound a little like the Duke "rape" case?). Trouble is, the complaining witness is a liar, crook, scam artist and hooker, among other talents. Things in the NYC prosecutor's office haven't been the same since Jack McCoy retired.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...LuYGYYJyA0RNbI

Comment

You won't believe this one. Words totally fail me.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15019549/...-month-old-son

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            You won't believe this one. Words totally fail me.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15019549/...-month-old-son
            I know - he had MARIJUANA? He's totally going to get hosed in court!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              I know - he had MARIJUANA? He's totally going to get hosed in court!

This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?

Comment

Casey Anthony innocent? I guess there technically wasn't a murder weapon to be found, but still...
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Casey Anthony innocent? I guess there technically wasn't a murder weapon to be found, but still...
                  There's still a special place in Hell waiting for her.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Apparantly those dolts on that jury weren't paying attention: In his opening statement Baez referred to sexual abuse as the reason for the b*tch's inability to tell the truth about anything. It wasn't mentioned again because the judge wouldn't permit it. Nothing a lawyer says is evidence. Is it possible those idiots factored "sexual abuse" into their verdict? Considered that fairy tale as "reasonable doubt?"

Comment

I'm tired of people blaming the jury. Blame the prosecution for failure to 100% prove Murder 1 - they're the ones who botched the case.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I'm tired of people blaming the jury. Blame the prosecution for failure to 100% prove Murder 1 - they're the ones who botched the case.
                        You could be right. Either way, it's a horrible miscarriage of justice. And the fact remains, with clever lawyering, you can manufacture "reasonable doubt" in the minds of credulous people.

Comment

And I have to imagine, even with these high-profile cases, we'll never know the true details of what was said, allowed, etc in the court. The media will show highlights, list certain key points, and general arguments, but that never will tell the whole story. And also, the jury can't hear "media experts on cases like this" like we can.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            And I have to imagine, even with these high-profile cases, we'll never know the true details of what was said, allowed, etc in the court. The media will show highlights, list certain key points, and general arguments, but that never will tell the whole story. And also, the jury can't hear "media experts on cases like this" like we can.
                            Absolutely. The great trial lawyer Louis Nizer wrote the definitive book about the Rosenbergs, called "Implosion Conspiracy," and he pointed out it's nearly impossible to tell how a trial is going by media accounts (in those days, no live TV of court proceedings, of course). But his point was you just can't judge the impact of testimony or evidence on a jury. It could be the young lady is actually not guilty. But in my mind, the only thing that would account for her blizzard of lies is the knowledge that the little girl was dead the entire time. The prosecution couldn't establish the time or method of death and that's a tough hurdle to clear if you're going to send a young person to the death chamber. Even so, I'd bet a month's pay she did it.

Comment

I tend to put the blame on the prosecution. It seemed like they just couldn't prove that she did it, and that was their job. The burden of proof and all.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The definition of first-degree murder is pretty strict. If she were on trial for manslaughter, I think they might've convicted her.

Comment

Working...
                                X