X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejoice, Jesus is Risen!

Mark 16

Jesus Has Risen

1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3 and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”
    4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. 7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”

Alleluia! Christ has risen! Jesus has conquered sin and death!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Mark 16

Jesus Has Risen

1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3 and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”
    4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. 7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”

Alleluia! Christ has risen! Jesus has conquered sin and death!
    He is Risen indeed!!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: Rejoice, Jesus is Risen!

He is risen indeed!!

The sad reality:

9What then? Are we Jews[a] any better off?[b] No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both(A) Jews and(B) Greeks, are(C) under sin, 10as it is written:

(D) "None is righteous, no, not one;
      11no one understands;
      no one seeks for God.
      12All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
      no one does good,
      not even one."
      13(E) "Their throat is(F) an open grave;
      they use their tongues to deceive."
      (G) "The venom of asps is under their lips."
      14(H) "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
      15(I) "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
      16in their paths are ruin and misery,
      17and(J) the way of peace they have not known."
      18(K) "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
      19Now we know that whatever(L) the law says it speaks to those who are under the law,(M) so that every mouth may be stopped, and(N) the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20For(O) by works of the law no human being[c] will be justified in his sight, since(P) through the law comes knowledge of sin.

The amazing wonderful news of what God did for us that we never could have accomplished for ourselves:

21But now(A) the righteousness of God(B) has been manifested apart from the law, although(C) the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22the righteousness of God(D) through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.(E) For there is no distinction: 23for(F) all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24(G) and are justified(H) by his grace as a gift,(I) through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25whom God(J) put forward as(K) a propitiation(L) by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in(M) his divine forbearance he had passed over(N) former sins. 26It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
      Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
      2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Enjoyed listening to some Third Day over the weekend, knowing the meaning of their name.

Hope all had a great Easter.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Was looking for this Easter Morning but couldn't find it.

He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Was looking for this Easter Morning but couldn't find it.

He is risen indeed! Alleluia!
            I got it up after church Sunday. In years past I may have put it up Saturday night or before church Sunday.

Anyway, it sure is a great feeling knowing no matter how poopy our lives may get here on earth, that our Heavenly home awaits us in all of it's perfection thanks to the events of Easter morning. As Pastor said Sunday, if Easter morning never happens, then Christmas and Good Friday are all meaningless.

Comment

I got it up after church Sunday....
              Hallelulia!
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Hallelulia!
                Well. He is risen...
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hallelulia!
                  Hey, it's not an annual event for all of us, like it is for you and Tim.

Comment

Anyway, it sure is a great feeling knowing no matter how poopy our lives may get here on earth, that our Heavenly home awaits us in all of it's perfection thanks to the events of Easter morning. As Pastor said Sunday, if Easter morning never happens, then Christmas and Good Friday are all meaningless.
                    Just because I saw these billboards while commuting to work every day for the last couple of weeks, your choice of words amused me.

*****http://www.skepticmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/AA-Des-Moines.jpg******

(for the record, I went to church Sunday. As I said, the identical word choice simply amused me)

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Hey, it's not an annual event for all of us, like it is for you and Tim.
                      No, but there's nothing wrong with setting a goal for yourself.
                      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

I got it up after church Sunday. In years past I may have put it up Saturday night or before church Sunday.

we cooked the easter bunny and had it for diner so I know I am going strait to hell. do not pass go. do not collect 200 dollars.

...and yes, we cooked rabit for real. It was tasty.
                        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Hallelulia!
                          LOL. I sure left the door open there, didn't I? Thanks for reading the thread and giving me a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Just because I saw these billboards while commuting to work every day for the last couple of weeks, your choice of words amused me.

*****http://www.skepticmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/AA-Des-Moines.jpg******

(for the record, I went to church Sunday. As I said, the identical word choice simply amused me)
                            I love the slogan "Right since 1963". So until that point they were wrong. I wonder what happened to change that?
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

]

And

http://vanrip.multiply.com/journal/item/2 tra

Sorry I missed my traditional post-additions.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X