X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Probably not, I've never played online, just solitaire. I occasionally look at the Apolyton or CivFanatics forums and read about people scoring 100k on Deity and think (1) their strategies don't look like any fun and (2) Jesus H. Christmas, who are these people? Do they have families?
    I can't beat the computer on the second difficulty level any more. I don't know when I started to suck at video games, but it's happened.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Wow...hey losers go play your game and let the adults talk
      That leaves you out

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
      I've seen the adults talk here....frankly the Civ games discussions actually go somewhere productive.
      We can talk Civ tactics or debate torture ad nauseum...what's your pleasure?

Comment

hey, if a computer game says Communism works, it must be true.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I can't beat the computer on the second difficulty level any more. I don't know when I started to suck at video games, but it's happened.
          You can't beat the AI on Warlord? What do you have, Deep Blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            with the amount of our debt they own, you could argue China is propping up the US not the other way around.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              with the amount of our debt they own, you could argue China is propping up the US not the other way around.
              If they stop buying our debt we go bankrupt, the dollar craters and they're left holding tissue paper. 21st century mutual assured destruction.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If they stop buying our debt we go bankrupt, the dollar craters and they're left holding tissue paper. 21st century mutual assured destruction.
                Obama and Federal Reserve keep printing money and its tissue paper, either way they're screwed
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

OR we stop spending money
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    Stop it, you're killing me.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      And then..............................?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

...Once Saudi Arabia and Egypt become democracies, ....
                        What's the over/under? 2109?

I come back to Democracy is one form of government that may work. It works for us, but not everywhere. Benevolent despots (are there any?) would work somewhere else, but not here.

I submit that if the population is content, any form of government will do.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There are plenty of different "freedoms," for that matter. There's the Isaiah Berlin active vs passive freedom dichotomy. There are religious ideas of being "free" of worldly encumbrances to pursue enlightenment. And of course there's the whole western capitalist spectrum ranging from the left's freedom from dying of diphtheria to the right's freedom to buy a fifth country home.

But even if freedom and well-being are culturally relative, self-determination is still probably a common foundation. Even if many choices can be equally correct, you still need the ability to choose, and to change your choice later. Even a dictatorship needs an occasion ratification, by ballot or bullet.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2009, 07:09 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Well, well. It seems that there may be some Americans who need their communications with overseas terrorist groups monitored after all... Lovely.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              Well, well. It seems that there may be some Americans who need their communications with overseas terrorist groups monitored after all... Lovely.
                              Yes, it's shocking news there are folks here connected with terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Yes, it's shocking news there are folks here connected with terrorists.
                                This will come as particularly surprising to the people of Oklahoma City.

Comment

Working...
                                X