X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    After anti-religious sentiment, such as the banning of circumcisions which has actually caused both the Jewish AND Muslim population to protest (probably the only time they'll ever get along), I'm not surprised by this at all.

However, on this tangent, Bloomberg wants to regulate circumcisions. I'm beginning to think that guy is the real terrorist threat to the land of the free.
    So let's be clear. You're OK with parents forcing their children to be circumcised for religious reasons (a procedure they might object to later in life), but parents who have their children vaccinated are "poisoning" them?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      People can fantasize about playing Genghis Khan and stacking 90,000 skulls in the Tripoli Galleria whenever any harm comes to a single American, but that is not the way the real world works.

Religious zealots, mobs, and terrorists are not motivated by risk-benefit analyses.
      They're motivated the same way any libstain is motivated: emotion. As the old saying goes, "If you aren't a liberal by the time you're 20, you don't have a heart."

However, enough with the partisan stuff, emotion is the factor. They want to avenge something near and dear to them. It isn't like we haven't seen the story before, only about half of the war and fight movies out there. I'm not trying to say that they had access to this stuff, but it's the age-old deadly sin of wrath, but if you look at it from a religiously neutral standpoint, wrath typically ends up cascading like falling dominoes.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        So let's be clear. You're OK with parents forcing their children to be circumcised for religious reasons (a procedure they might object to later in life), but parents who have their children vaccinated are "poisoning" them?
        Where, in the entire post you quoted, did I ever give my personal feelings on circumcision?

Comment

Its sad to watch righties follow Mittens off a cliff, just like they followed George W Bush off a cliff a decade earlier. Now I'm excepting most Congressional Republicans from this as they seem to be handling this correctly by and large. McCain for example got back to his former self in an interview I saw last night.

However, knuckledragger accolytes, including several out here on this message board, are desperate to push the narrative that Obama apologizes for America, even though he's never actually done so. Then they sit back with a glazed over look in their eyes akin to our caveman ancestors while the public who's seen Obama's leadership decimate Al Quada rejects their false charges. So they did in even deeper, using the hours after an oversees attack to launch a craven, partisan, and un-American tirade against the President unprecedented in modern history. No wonder you guys are about as popular at telemarketers.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Basic question: how do you deal with bullies?

First of all, anyone who thinks that these embassy attacks actually do have anything to do with the video is either naive or misguided: the video was not a cause it was merely an excuse. these attacks are too well-coordinated for them to be spontaneous acts of outrage, some group behind the scenes is pretty clearly organizing and co-ordinating them.

the psychology of bullies is pretty simple: think "pecking order" or a wolf pack: they beat up anyone lower than them and cower before anyone higher than them. it's all pure brute strength, nothing more. there's no negotiating; either you whack them harder than they whack you, or they keep whacking you until you do what they want.

funny how hockey fans love to have an enforcer on their team to keep the other team in line, yet there are people here who won't even acknowledge this simple human truth about human behavior.

This should not be a partisan issue either. almost always people of all domestic political persuasions want the US to be safe.

It's quite sad to see that the most obstreporous board bully here can't even acknowledge this very basic thing.

your turn, name caller.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Its sad to watch righties follow Mittens off a cliff, just like they followed George W Bush off a cliff a decade earlier. Now I'm excepting most Congressional Republicans from this as they seem to be handling this correctly by and large. McCain for example got back to his former self in an interview I saw last night.

However, knuckledragger accolytes, including several out here on this message board, are desperate to push the narrative that Obama apologizes for America, even though he's never actually done so. Then they sit back with a glazed over look in their eyes akin to our caveman ancestors while the public who's seen Obama's leadership decimate Al Quada rejects their false charges. So they did in even deeper, using the hours after an oversees attack to launch a craven, partisan, and un-American tirade against the President unprecedented in modern history. No wonder you guys are about as popular at telemarketers.
              Did you not pay attention to ANY of Obama's foreign policy in 2009? Or were you still too hung over from partying the November before?

Comment

Is El Presidente in DC monitoring these assaults on sovereign US territory or off at another fundraiser??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Is El Presidente in DC monitoring these assaults on sovereign US territory or off at another fundraiser??
                  Neither, he's stuck in the bunker near the 7th green.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Where, in the entire post you quoted, did I ever give my personal feelings on circumcision?
                    You described the banning of circumcision as an "anti-religious sentiment". You linked to an editoral in which the author was all in a tizzy over Bloomberg taking, "the first steps toward regulating and restricting the free exercise of the practice of orthodox Jewish circumcision".

So are you totally OK with circumcisions if there is a religious reason for it? Or is this one of those situations where you personally view it as an unnecessary procedure, but also respect the beliefs of others? You weren't being too clear in your original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      a craven, partisan, and un-American tirade against the President unprecedented in modern history.
                      Or at least since 2008. It continues to amaze me how you guys are completely and totally blinded by party labels. The vitriol against Obama probably still isn't up to the level of that spewed out against "the great Satan", just a few years ago. But "the great Satan" was a Republican, so to you that was just sensible discourse to your side, I guess.
                      Not that I think Obama deserves the nonsense the other side is spewing out, either. If this Mid East situation has made anything clear, it's that Barry is the only adult running for prez.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Is El Presidente in DC monitoring these assaults on sovereign US territory
                        Monitoring them? Don't you know he's coordinating them?! Come on, get those righty talking points lined up.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                        X