X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Several weeks ago I said that in the realm of international relations, I'd rather that the US be feared / respected and not care whether we were liked or not.

Probably not the best day to speculate on how much Obama's 2009 "can't we all be friends" speech in Cairo contributed to these events.....
    Right. I bet the attacks were based on something Obama said.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Right. I bet the attacks were based on something Obama said.
      If you're going to rob someone are you going after the house that's wired and has an NRA sticker on the front window, or somebody who's got "Peace" in the window and a Volt in the driveway?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If you're going to rob someone are you going after the house that's wired and has an NRA sticker on the front window, or somebody who's got "Peace" in the window and a Volt in the driveway?
        Right. That's why Iran keeps messing with Israel.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Several weeks ago I said that in the realm of international relations, I'd rather that the US be feared / respected and not care whether we were liked or not.

Probably not the best day to speculate on how much Obama's 2009 "can't we all be friends" speech in Cairo contributed to these events.....
          Probably not, but that won't stop you from being a partisan ***hole, now will it?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Oh folks! Stand up and SING!!

CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              So....why is crime worse in FL and TX than in MA?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Ask Osama Bin Laden that question. Oh that's right. He's not around anymore...
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Right. That's why Iran keeps messing with Israel.
                  Yup, because Holocaust-denying Iran behaves rationally in its decisionmaking. Didn't know you had such respect for the mullahs!
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Yup, because Holocaust-denying Iran behaves rationally in its decisionmaking. Didn't know you had such respect for the mullahs!
                    Oh, I see. And Egypt and Libya are rational. Got it.

Comment

Oh, I see. And Egypt and Libya are rational. Got it.
                      Haven't seen Libya or Egypt threatening to wipe out Israel and such.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Haven't seen Libya or Egypt threatening to wipe out Israel and such.
                        Uh, I think you missed the point.

He said that countries don't mess with you under the threat of retaliation. AFAIK Israel has no problem defending itself yet Iran has been poking a stick at them for years.

Comment

A little "Sorry, America" rally in Benghazi. FWIW (which isn't much, but it's still nice for what it is)

*****http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/9/12/16/enhanced-buzz-wide-5606-1347482805-10.jpg******

*****http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/9/12/16/enhanced-buzz-wide-27696-1347483363-5.jpg******

*****http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/9/12/17/enhanced-buzz-wide-9640-1347485629-10.jpg******

*****http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/9/12/16/enhanced-buzz-wide-5605-1347482812-15.jpg******
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            It is interesting to note that nobody is storming the Russian or Chinese embassies, despite their backing of Assad and his brutal repression that has killed many thousands. Can't imagine why.
                            Is it because if it were the Russians or the Chinese they'd make sure that retribution was given in full?

----

The embassy didn't need to say anything on their twitter feed. We do not owe them a response for their disgusting actions. Further it is insulting that we got caught with our pants down as the Arab Spring slowly turns into the fundamentalist nightmare. Is this still supposed to be a success? Especially Libya?

----

Kepler, stop trying to equivocate Christian fundamentalists with Islamic fundamentalist. You know the comparison is wrong to start with. Your faith that both lead to the same ends or are separate sides of the same coin is stunningly ignorant.

----

The filmmakers of this obscure film bear no blame unless we want to admit that a group of Muslims cannot control themselves or to act in a rational manner vis a vis this type of stimulus. Are you willing to go there? If so, will you blame MLK and others for the reaction of racist whites to the civil rights movement? Where do you separate cause, effect, and complicitness? This whole this is also a clear example of the Streisand-effect, writ large. No group should be given veto power over speech and if the Muslim Beotherhood can't handle that, if Al-Qaeda can't handle that, and if other Americans can't handle that then they can all go stuff it.

----

As for those quibbling about Romney's remarks... The world is full of people who always fear What the world may think... And a lot of them have a financial stake in these partnerships. But ask yourself... How did we get here? Ask yourself... "will mealey mouth words from a person who avoids his own intelligence briefings and actually mean anything"? I don't know about you, but to me that requires a lot of faith.

The Egyptians need to be told one thing... Grow up. The Lybians? It's a lost cause. The "Arab Spring" look at what it has wrought.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Uh, I think you missed the point.

He said that countries don't mess with you under the threat of retaliation. AFAIK Israel has no problem defending itself yet Iran has been poking a stick at them for years.
                              Didn't miss a thing. That's why I made my first comment. If someone or some nation acts irrationally, then the threat of retaliation isn't meaningful like it is to someone more rational. I think you missed where my comments were going.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                So....why is crime worse in FL and TX than in MA?
                                Majority of the peeps I know here own guns. Just have to go ask you local chief of police buddy to vouch for you
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X