X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The success of the United States is freedom of religion.

Statements like these, "There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger," tend to be anti-freedom of religion. And tend to cause some sort of conflict.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The success of the United States is freedom of religion.

Statements like these, "There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger," tend to be anti-freedom of religion. And tend to cause some sort of conflict.
      Not really any different than Jesus's saying, "I am the way and the truth and the light; no one comes to the father except by me." All of the major religions (exception Buddhism?) tend to be anti-all-other-religions.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Not really any different than Jesus's saying, "I am the way and the truth and the light; no one comes to the father except by me." All of the major religions (exception Buddhism?) tend to be anti-all-other-religions.
        Context matters. Jesus saying it is fine. Me saying it while trespassing isn't.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          "Only we're getting saved nya-nya" is just another form of tribalism.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            And the cry of "Repel Boarders!", strangely absent in 1979, was not heard today either. That's US Sovereign Territory.
            Aside from the monstrosity we built in Iraq, our embassies aren't much more than glorified office buildings. It's not exactly a defensible fort with a brigade of marines, tanks and air power handy.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Aside from the monstrosity we built in Iraq, our embassies aren't much more than glorified office buildings. It's not exactly a defensible fort with a brigade of marines, tanks and air power handy.
              If they've got some boiling oil...

*****http://www.bikyamasr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/US-Embassy-Cairo.jpg******

The movie itself looks like a herpa-derp dream:

Last edited by Kepler; 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

boiling pig fat will work just as well. Get it from a hot dog factory and hold it nearby all our ME embassies.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Context matters. Jesus saying it is fine. Me saying it while trespassing isn't.
                  Context, shmontext. I would think the exact same thing of ANYONE storming our embassy and tearing down our flag, regardless of whether he's screaming "Allahu Akbar" or reciting from the phone book. The speech is insignificant when compared with the action.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

My favorite quote:

"We were surprised to see the big numbers show up including the soccer Ultra fans," he said. "I just want to say, how would the Americans feel if films insulting leading Christian figures like the pope or historical figures like Abraham Lincoln were produced?"
                    *ahem*

*****http://i.newsarama.com/images/abraham_lincoln_vampire_hunter_poster.jpg******

or

*****http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217215533/southpark/images/c/cb/Jesus_%26_God.png******

or

*****http://www.punkasspunk.com/videolog/20051230/South_Park_%5BBloody_Mary%5D_%282005%29_5.jpg******
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

News reports have a State Dept. official killed in the attack on the Libyan consulate.

If we get a repeat of 1979, is the administration toast?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        News reports have a State Dept. official killed in the attack on the Libyan consulate.

If we get a repeat of 1979, is the administration toast?
                        Of course not, it's all George W Bush's fault, Obama is blameless.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

3 dead, including the Ambassador in Libya. At least Clinton's latest statement isn't bending over and taking it in the *** like the statement from the Cairo Embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            My favorite quote:

""We were surprised to see the big numbers show up including the soccer Ultra fans," he said. "I just want to say, how would the Americans feel if films insulting leading Christian figures like the pope or historical figures like Abraham Lincoln were produced?" "
                            *ahem*
                            Do they actually believe we really care if they insult Jesus, the Pope, Lincoln, Reagan (well, maybe Reagan)? What planet do they live on?

Comment

Do they actually believe we really care if they insult Jesus, the Pope, Lincoln, Reagan (well, maybe Reagan)? What planet do they live on?
                              In our society, no one is off-limits for insults, with the only exception being the very recently dead, but even that isn't really followed.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Is it time to put all the fundies of all the faiths in a steel cage? The one who survives gets to call his idol the top one.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X