X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I don't know if it should make me sad or make me happy that at least one other person knows what this is...
    Is dressage really that obscure? I would expect quite a few people to know what it is.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I know what dressage is - can even stomach watching it on TV for a while.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        I'm not going that far.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I'm not going that far.
          Oh Horse Poop!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Me too. A while is between 30 and 60 seconds.

Comment

If you've watched the Summer Olympics you've most likely been exposed to dressage and no you can't get that time back.

Comment

Czar Vladimir is feeling it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z7

At least he know how to act like a guy with a large set.
                Last edited by joecct; 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM. Reason: spelling
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Czar Valdimir is feeling it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z7

The guy is a tool. I say if he wants to blow the country's scarce resources on bases all over the world, let him. Sounds like a bad idea to me.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Did someone explain to him that for those bases to mean anything, the Russian Navy would require working warships? Most of them have been rusting in port for nearly 20 years and are only "active" so the skeleton crews can be paid. Their single remaining aircraft carrier won't be finished with refurbishing until 2017. They "plan to build more" but don't currently possess the capability to do so. Their current goal (as of last November) is 2 new ones by 2027.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Did someone explain to him that for those bases to mean anything, the Russian Navy would require working warships? Most of them have been rusting in port for nearly 20 years and are only "active" so the skeleton crews can be paid. Their single remaining aircraft carrier won't be finished with refurbishing until 2017. They "plan to build more" but don't currently possess the capability to do so. Their current goal (as of last November) is 2 new ones by 2027.
                      They could always lease the bases to some other blue water navy. Isn't China supposed to be drilling in the Straits of Florida? THAT would be a hoot!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Did someone explain to him that for those bases to mean anything, the Russian Navy would require working warships?
                        Best of both worlds for Putin. He gets to claim an expansion of the Russian sphere and a "return to glory" to puff up the chests of the nationalists at home, but he doesn't saddle the country with the crippling expense of a military empire.

Would that our knucks were as smart.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Best of both worlds for Putin. He gets to claim an expansion of the Russian sphere and a "return to glory" to puff up the chests of the nationalists at home, but he doesn't saddle the country with the crippling expense of a military empire.

Would that our knucks were as smart.
                          Yeah, you and Putin, providing 21st century guidance, inspiration and respect for America. Is it my imagination, or are you getting more "progtardy" by the day? Check with Wonkette and get back to me, okay?
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Czar Vladimir is feeling it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z7

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            The guy is a tool. I say if he wants to blow the country's scarce resources on bases all over the world, let him. Sounds like a bad idea to me.
                            Remember, Russia is our "number one geopolitical foe".

Sorry Mitt, but this isn't Decision 1984. I must've missed where the Islamist factions suddenly got all chummy towards the US.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Remember, Russia is our "number one geopolitical foe".
                              We need a few more years before we can re-purpose our rhetoric and institutions to cast China as the next Supervillain. The good news is they should be an effective excuse for international pot-stirring for the next century, and that means jobs and profits!

Insofar as he has any foreign policy awareness at all, Mitt's statement may just indicate that he's completely Eurocentric. Since his advisors are all Neocons that's probably a good thing, because Europe is the place those types are least likely to force a war. I'd much prefer him to play pretend he's Reagan containing the commies than play pretend he's Urban II whipping up hysteria against the infidel.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 07-30-2012, 07:49 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Insofar as he has any foreign policy awareness at all, Mitt's statement may just indicate that he's completely Eurocentric. Since his advisors are all Neocons that's probably a good thing, because Europe is the place those types are least likely to force a war. I'd much prefer him to play pretend he's Reagan containing the commies than play pretend he's Urban II whipping up hysteria against the infidel.
                                I don't know if Urban II is the correct analogy. IMO Europe will have more need of a Charles Martel
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X