X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm all for redistricting by an independent commission, but incumbents will always find a way to stop that.

The other problem is one party doesn't want to unilaterally disarm, but for that perhaps they can try what they are trying to do with EVs and create a system that will only kick in when a critical mass of states adopt it.
    Until Maryland starts putting more Republicans in the legislature, it's not going to happen. And since most of the population resides in the leftist outposts of Montgomery and Prince George's Counties and Baltimore City, its not going to happen.

How did redistricting hijack the Global War on Terror?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Until Maryland starts putting more Republicans in the legislature, it's not going to happen. And since most of the population resides in the leftist outposts of Montgomery and Prince George's Counties and Baltimore City, its not going to happen.
      The solution to that is to have the state GOP move left, just like the Utah Dems should move right. Not every state is going to have the same politics (thank God).
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

have the state GOP move left.
        LOL. That's some funny stuff.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          LOL. That's some funny stuff.
          They are left of the GOP in the deep south. IINM the MD GOP does not advocate the stoning to death of unwed mothers.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The solution to that is to have the state GOP move left, just like the Utah Dems should move right. Not every state is going to have the same politics (thank God).
            I would think that the MD State GOP is more towards the middle than, say, the GOP in Utah. It's a big tent.

Trouble is the Dems in Annapolis appear (to me) to be skewed to the left.

They are left of the GOP in the deep south. IINM the MD GOP does not advocate the stoning to death of unwed mothers.
            No we just want our mothers married -- preferably to the male sex.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I propose that the GOP move about 100 miles to the east of Annapolis. That would help things tremendously.

Comment

I would think that the MD State GOP is more towards the middle than, say, the GOP in Utah. It's a big tent.

Trouble is the Dems in Annapolis appear (to me) to be skewed to the left.
                Which one would expect -- the parties aren't actually supposed to be monolithic, they stake out territory roughly equidistant from the popular centerpoint in each state. If they go too far out they lose; if they move too close to the centerpoint they aren't efficiently delivering to their supporters.

Whenever I see statewide offices going to the same party by large margins like 25 or 30 points, I see it as a missed opportunity for the party backers to nominate someone more strongly in line with their principles.
                Cornell University

Comment

How did redistricting hijack the Global War on Terror?
                  Something about Michele Bachmann and Communists. I tried to save the thread at one point, but it's almost closed anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Something about Michele Bachmann and Communists. I tried to save the thread at one point, but it's almost closed anyway...
                    I thought it may have been Michelle and a member of SoS Clinton's staff whose family may have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

In any event, think some numbnut tries something during the Olympics?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I thought it may have been Michelle and a member of SoS Clinton's staff whose family may have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

In any event, think some numbnut tries something during the Olympics?
                      If security is as lax as they showed on TDS, yes. And hopefully it will only be one or two numbnuts. If it's a group of organized people with an actual plan...

Comment

Dressage competitors
                        I don't know if it should make me sad or make me happy that at least one other person knows what this is...
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Let's get this discussion back where it belongs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...site-says.html

Another virus for the Iranians

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

They should have played a medley of Tom Jones songs.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

They should have played a medley of Tom Jones songs.
                              ******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKSxlJPmz40?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKSxlJPmz40?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Another virus for the Iranians

Guess we know it's us and not Israel, anyway. The Israelis have no sense of humor.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X