X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Neither. I don't think the lines were drastically changed from the last few elections. Could be wrong though.
    No, I meant Michelle's latest... theory.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      No, I meant Michelle's latest... theory.
      *slaps forehead* Sorry.

Honestly, I don't know if it would matter. Unless the DFL runs a candidate that isn't a complete moron. The DFL has put up some pretty awful candidates up for election. They really should feel embarrassed.

The area close to the metro aren't Bible-thumpin' rednecks. Especially in northeast Blaine and the southeastern portion of Washington County (Woodbury, Lake Elmo). Educated, white, and rich. It's the northwestern section of the district that's just absolutely full of the north's version of rednecks. All you have to do is look and see St Cloud in the grouping and it pretty much explains everything .

Some will claim that the districts were gerrymandered to marginalize the DFLers. I don't see it personally.

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/MN06_109.png******
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just by looking at the map you can see that district 6 includes half the exurbs in the state.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Just by looking at the map you can see that district 6 includes half the exurbs in the state.
          Ok...?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

*slaps forehead* Sorry.

It's the northwestern section of the district that's just absolutely full of the north's version of rednecks. All you have to do is look and see St Cloud in the grouping and it pretty much explains everything .
            Was just going to say that youre off a bit...its not St Cloud and northern parts of the district that are putting Bachmann into office. Its the suburbs/exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Was just going to say that youre off a bit...its not St Cloud and northern parts of the district that are putting Bachmann into office. Its the suburbs/exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright.
              Anoka and Washington are not exurbs.

I'm guessing you missed the part where I said:
              The area close to the metro aren't Bible-thumpin' rednecks. Especially in northeast Blaine and the southeastern portion of Washington County (Woodbury, Lake Elmo). Educated, white, and rich.
              Code:

Comment

How did Michelle Bachmann get elected from an educated district? Even if it's solid (R), how did she ever win the party nomination?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How did Michelle Bachmann get elected from an educated district? Even if it's solid (R), how did she ever win the party nomination?
                  I think it's 50% the DFL nominating a couple of really terrible candidates and the other half is magic. Not sure about the party nomination. I'm sure she was a moonbat before, but it wasn't common knowledge. Now that she's got the nomination, she's going to hold onto it until she loses an election.
                  Code:

Comment

Anoka and Washington are not exurbs.

I'm guessing you missed the part where I said:

Didn't claim that they were...but rather they're mixed.

Youre confusing one fact - district 6 has almost half of the states exurbs - which is true. Anoka cty has 10+ major exurbs all by itself.

And the other as an inference you made - which that Bachmann being elected is due to 'rednecks' in small northern areas of district 6. This is incorrect. The suburbs and exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright have about 280% the population of the other more northerly counties combined (and that includes St Cloud).
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Didn't claim that they were...but rather they're mixed.

Youre confusing one fact - district 6 has almost half of the states exurbs - which is true. Anoka cty has 10+ major exurbs all by itself.

And the other as an inference you made - which that Bachmann being elected is due to 'rednecks' in small northern areas of district 6. This is incorrect. The suburbs and exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright have about 280% the population of the other more northerly counties combined.
                      I'm not sure what you're even arguing.

The second half of your post is just confusing. I never said that she was elected solely by the northern counties. You're continuing to ignore the other points I made, focusing in on one of them, and then hanging my entire argument on that ONE point.
                      Code:

Comment

I'm sure she was a moonbat before, but it wasn't common knowledge. Now that she's got the nomination, she's going to hold onto it until she loses an election.
                        Somebody in the MN state GOP must be thinking, "this person is a liability." Particularly in granite countertop districts, there is no shortage of Patty Murray types with free time, a husband making seven figures, and nothing to lose, who can run "soccer mom with plain old common sense" insurgencies and win. The RNC loves them, because when they get to DC they're slack-jawed rubes who will vote with the whip for the next ten terms.

Nobody wants to be associated with a woman who at any moment might tweet how "there are some overlooked good ideas" in Mein Kampf, and a sitting Rep is a log jamming hopefuls coming up from below. I'm very surprised the state and national party haven't decided she has passed her expiration date.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Seems you were the one originally looking for me to clarify my post:

*slaps forehead* Sorry.

The area close to the metro aren't Bible-thumpin' rednecks. Especially in northeast Blaine and the southeastern portion of Washington County (Woodbury, Lake Elmo). Educated, white, and rich. It's the northwestern section of the district that's just absolutely full of the north's version of rednecks. All you have to do is look and see St Cloud in the grouping and it pretty much explains everything .
                          So yet again, your post is making the wrong conclusion...its not the northwestern section of the district that is getting Bachmann into office. Its Anoka, Washington and Wright counties.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Seems you were the one originally looking for me to clarify my post:

So yet again, your post is making the wrong conclusion...its not the northwestern section of the district that is getting Bachmann into office. Its Anoka, Washington and Wright counties.
                            See, here's why you don't even know what you're talking about:

................Obama.....McCain......Difference (+ is McCain)
                            Benton.......8,452......10,338......1,886
                            Anoka........86,997.....91,357......4,360
                            Sherberne...17,960.....26,143......8,183
                            Stearns......35,690.....41,194......5,504
                            Washington.70,281.....64,335......-5,946
                            Wright........26,343.....37,779......11,436

Anoka is the largest of the counties yet it had one of the closest margins. Washington had the second closest in terms of percentages. This district was essentially won in Sherberne, Stearns, and Wright.
                            Code:

Comment

Somebody in the MN state GOP must be thinking, "this person is a liability." Particularly in granite countertop districts, there is no shortage of Patty Murray types with free time, a husband making seven figures, and nothing to lose, who can run "soccer mom with plain old common sense" insurgencies and win. The RNC loves them, because when they get to DC they're slack-jawed rubes who will vote with the whip for the next ten terms.

Nobody wants to be associated with a woman who at any moment might tweet how "there are some overlooked good ideas" in Mein Kampf, and a sitting Rep is a log jamming hopefuls coming up from below. I'm very surprised the state and national party haven't decided she has passed her expiration date.
                              There is a small cross section of state conservatives that are just like her. The wierd thing is that she is the antithesis of most Minnesotans...who are reseserved, 'Minnesota nice', pragmatic, progressive, and smart.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

I think there are a number of people in the Minnesota GOP that are wholly embarrassed by her and would love to see her dumped. The problem is, the national party knows they can run Bachmann out there and win. I wouldn't be shocked if the Minnesota GOP wanted to dump her but the national party slammed the door on that idea. The national party knows she will always vote how they want. Why have intelligence when you can have a sheep?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X