• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Who says the America dream is dead?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      That would be 1964.
      The Congress turned its back on South Vietnam in 1964? I guess what happened for the next 10 years was just a mirage.

I assumed you were talking about the Paris Peace Talks (where Nixon found his "peace with honor" in 1973) and the Congress turned its back on South Vietnam, leading to the collapse of the country in 1975...

In any event, Obama would be branded a traitor and be facing Articles of Impeachment from the GOP House for even suggesting that we could make a deal with the Taliban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The Congress turned its back on South Vietnam in 1964? I guess what happened for the next 10 years was just a mirage.

I assumed you were talking about the Paris Peace Talks (where Nixon found his "peace with honor" in 1973) and the Congress turnedh its back on South Vietnam, leading to the collapse of the country in 1975...

In any event, Obama would be branded a traitor and be facing Articles of Impeachment from the GOP House for even suggesting that we could make a deal with the Taliban.
        I was talking about over the top ads now vs. the 1964 election.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

An extraordinary moment in the history of the battle of civilization against terrorism, a day many thought could never ever possibly come:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...XJ6WFp0rjQPwiP

Queen Elizabeth even wore green for the occasion!

nearly 11 years after 9/11, the war against so-called islamist terror is still being thickly contested, with the outcome very much in doubt. Yet in that same period of time, perhaps revolted by what they saw that day, who knows?? the IRA has totally and completely renounced terrorism. Who ever would have expected an IRA leader in Northern Ireland to acknowledge Elizabeth as his sovereign???

this is historic. sometimes symbolism really does matter a very great deal.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

A little progress every day.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Lost in the news is Egypt wanting us to release the Blind Sheik who was convicted in the WTC car bomb attack.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Lost in the news is Egypt wanting us to release the Blind Sheik who was convicted in the WTC car bomb attack.
                It's nice to want.

*****http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/images/millionaire.jpg******

Comment

We have some Air Force folks here, right?

What do you say to this? Per WaPo, drone pilots to receive achievements combat medals?
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

They do what they do. If they do a good job they should be duly recognized and, technically, it is combat. I have no problem with it. If the whole idea of drone strikes is icky, that's on the policymakers, not some dude playing a video game in Provo. Let him have his medal.

Meanwhile, in Derp News...
                    Last edited by Kepler; 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      We have some Air Force folks here, right?

What do you say to this? Per WaPo, drone pilots to receive achievements combat medals?
                      Meh. The guys in sitting in trailers in Nevada are only marginally safer than the ones sitting in F-16 cockpits lobbing standoff missiles beyond visual range. If one is combat, so is the other.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The DC Metro computers went on the fritz twice yesterday. The central office could not locate any trains on their boards and told all the subway cars to wait in the stations until the problem was fixed. Once I can put down to a glitch. Twice within 12 hours or so???? I wonder if some enterprising country decided to show us that our computer systems are not immune either as a retaliation for Stuxnet.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I could buy into that except for the last five words. Iranian cyber intelligence is nowhere near sophisticated enough. If you had said China or Russia I might have bought it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The DC Metro computers went on the fritz twice yesterday. The central office could not locate any trains on their boards and told all the subway cars to wait in the stations until the problem was fixed. Once I can put down to a glitch. Twice within 12 hours or so???? I wonder if some enterprising country decided to show us that our computer systems are not immune either as a retaliation for Stuxnet.
                            It was Milton. The guy in charge of the Metro took his stapler.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I could buy into that except for the last five words. Iranian cyber intelligence is nowhere near sophisticated enough. If you had said China or Russia I might have bought it.
                              The Russians govt doesn't know what it's doing, either. The smart Russian coders are all indy.

As far as government-directed cyber sabotage is concerned, there are only three countries I would worry about: the US, China, and Israel.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The Russians govt doesn't know what it's doing, either. The smart Russian coders are all indy.

As far as government-directed cyber sabotage is concerned, there are only three countries I would worry about: the US, China, and Israel.
                                And even then, any Chinese effort would require a considerable effort with decent luck. For both China and Israel, to say there's no motive to mess with DCs metro computers would be an understatement.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X