X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    funny how the intelligence apparatus that found and killed Osama was already in place when Obama took office, yet this is the only thing that isn't Bush's fault.
    Yeah, except for that whole part where Obama had bring back the resources for the Bin Laden man hunt after taking office, since your glorious leader diverted them.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This is great news! It turns out that the latest version of an attempt to bomb an airliner with an "undetectable" bomb was foiled by a double agent who posed as a suicide bomber! If this now makes the terrorists suspicious of any potential recruit, that's a temporary good thing....especially as you cannot ask a suicide bomber to do a test run to check him/her out first.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/20...bya/?hpt=hp_t1

"See ya *****"
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Does "in together, out together" mean we can leave early too? Please.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Romney's foreign policy knowledge is minimal.
            "An alliance not undergirded by military strength and U.S. leadership may soon become an alliance in name only,"
            Honestly, if we cancelled NATO and made alliances with Britain, Canada and about two other nations, it would have the same effectiveness. We're talking about nations that couldn't project power into the Balkans or Libya without the US holding their hand.

Comment

Romney doesn't appear to know anything about how capitalism works, either. You start to wonder what he does know about?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Scumbag should have died in prison.
                My Four Favorite teams:
                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                  Scumbag should have died in prison.
                  Actually a HALO jump, minus the equipment, may have been more fitting.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Actually a HALO jump, minus the equipment, may have been more fitting.
                    That would have worked also.
                    My Four Favorite teams:
                    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Apparently the most stupid and pointless current war on Earth is, for once, not ours.

The real battle isn’t India vs. Pakistan anymore, but Each Side vs. the Unlivable Mountain, with its hundred mile an hour winds and negative-50-degree temperatures. The oxygen level is half of that at sea level. You can only hike at night because the sun’s heat makes avalanches more likely during the day. You get to shower once a month in the summer, and never in the winter, so you get lice, you fall into giant crevasses a hundred feet deep and ten feet across and die. And to top it off, idiot talk show hosts come tape episodes and eat all your **** food.

Over 3,000 soldiers on the Pakistani side have died since this all started, and most of them succumbed to the mountain, not India. Just this past month, an avalanche killed 138 of them, and now there’s growing sentiment on both sides of the war that this isn’t a smart war to be fighting.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Morons. At least we had the sense to stay inside of submarines or aircraft when sparring with the Soviets over the Arctic circle.

Comment

With allies like these...
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Now if someone writing in The New Yorker finds our policy of targeted assassination unsettling, I pay more attention than if the same article had appeared somewhere else. I know that's a logical fallacy, yet somehow the source sometimes does make a difference as to how we perceive the same news....

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...kill-list.html

What is wrong with the President sitting in a room, looking at lists and portraits of people—a Somali man, a seventeen-year-old girl, an American citizen—and deciding whom to kill? That, according to long and troubling articles in both the Times and Newsweek, is a job Barack Obama has assigned himself. His aides, notably John Brennan, his counter-terrorism adviser, portray it as a matter of taking responsibility—if we are going to assassinate someone, or call in a drone strike to take out a camp in Yemen, the President should make the call—as if our only alternative were some sort of rogue operation, with generals or C.I.A. agents shooting at will. But responsibility involves accountability, which is something, in this case, that appears to be badly lacking. Obama has not taken on a burden, but instead has given the Presidency a novel power.

The “kill list” story is a reminder of how much language matters, and how dangerous it is when the plain meaning of a word is ignored [emphasis added]
                            Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...#ixzz1wSWJWYpm
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Wasn't there a Watergate era Executive Order that the US Government could not assassinate any head of state? Has anyone heard of a finding that the targeting by drones is in the best interest of the USA?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Wasn't there a Watergate era Executive Order that the US Government could not assassinate any head of state? Has anyone heard of a finding that the targeting by drones is in the best interest of the USA?
                                Carter did that, I think. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's been quietly overturned by a Finding that it doesn't apply to terrorist organizations/their supporters or another Executive Order flipping it completely. It's not something you'd publicly announce for obvious reasons.

Hell, we tried taking Saddam out the day of the invasion so it was probably overturned in late September 2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X